Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chiron

Chiron

I recently fell in love with this Greek name. Everything about it appeals to me. It has history and a great sound that's somewhat familiar. (Ryan, Casper, etc.) The only problem if I were to use it would be the spelling. No one where I live in the US would know how to pronounce it. I'm not a fan of changing the spelling of a name, but I would have to make an exception in this case. Kairon maybe? Or is that butchering it too much? Does it look too girly that way? What's your opinion?
    Crushes: Casper & Isobel.

Well I love it. Chiron was the oldest and wisest of the centaurs and that's pretty cool, although some people I know who aren't familiar with the myths mistake Chiron for Charon (ferryman of Hades).

Personally, I wouldn't change the spelling because that's just butchering it for no good reason. Teach people how to say it. It will only take a few times of hearing how to say it before they learn.

If you decide that you have to change it, try Kyron because that's the phonetic way to spell it.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I agree with Dantea. Chiron is on my list as well, it's such a great name and I love the myth behind it.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

You might also like Kiernan?
    25 year-old name lover and cat-momma to Clover and Calvin

I wouldn't change the spelling at all. People will figure it out.
    Ttc since June 2012.
    Current faves:
    Boys: Asa Joseph, August Joseph, Oscar Abram, Wallace Abram
    Girls: Susannah Ellen, Beatrice Plum, Henrietta June, Coralie Marilla