Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chiron

United States

I recently fell in love with this Greek name. Everything about it appeals to me. It has history and a great sound that's somewhat familiar. (Ryan, Casper, etc.) The only problem if I were to use it would be the spelling. No one where I live in the US would know how to pronounce it. I'm not a fan of changing the spelling of a name, but I would have to make an exception in this case. Kairon maybe? Or is that butchering it too much? Does it look too girly that way? What's your opinion?
    Crushes: Casper & Isobel.

Wishing for Greece, stuck in the US
    Well I love it. Chiron was the oldest and wisest of the centaurs and that's pretty cool, although some people I know who aren't familiar with the myths mistake Chiron for Charon (ferryman of Hades).

Personally, I wouldn't change the spelling because that's just butchering it for no good reason. Teach people how to say it. It will only take a few times of hearing how to say it before they learn.

If you decide that you have to change it, try Kyron because that's the phonetic way to spell it. -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.

London, England
    I agree with Dantea. Chiron is on my list as well, it's such a great name and I love the myth behind it.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

IL, USA
    You might also like Kiernan?
    25 year-old name lover and cat-momma to Clover and Calvin

I wouldn't change the spelling at all. People will figure it out.
    Ttc since June 2012.
    Current faves:
    Boys: Asa Joseph, August Joseph, Oscar Abram, Wallace Abram
    Girls: Susannah Ellen, Beatrice Plum, Henrietta June, Coralie Marilla