Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name for 4 month baby in Short Story

So, the baby girl has a full head of dark hair and large blue eyes--she is an easy-going baby (as much as babies at this age are)who is born in August and is a Virgo. The mom calls her 'Blueberry' or 'blubear' as a nickname definitely not her name. Not that I'm against it but it doesn't go with the more traditional father who likes romantic names like--Elizabeth, Isabella, Gwendolyn, Guinevere, Catalina, etc. The mom is more open to many names.
    Here are some considerations
    Ballou (not traditional)
    November (a bit long?-- and she's born in August which won't be changed)
    Mae (too short not enough bounce)
    Ruby, Pippa, Piper (too much bounce)
    Brier (prickly?)
    Pearl, Pierette
    Bunny (too sweet)
    Bruna, Beatrice (not enough sweetness?)
    --So, I have taken out all El-names and Mel-names from consideration.
    Something that is perhaps smooth with a bounce in sound like November.
    The story is current, more of a family drama-edy--the baby is a supporting character not too prominent.

What do you think? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Ballou - I think that this name could work! It's unusual, and Blubear and Blueberry could work as good nn' s.
    November - I don't think the length matters...but with your description I don't think it fits.
    Mae - Mae is the southern woman who sits on her porch all day...not a good choice for a non-rural setting.
    Brier - My second favorite! I can picture a modern-day baby with this name perfectly.
    Pearl, Pierette - Pearl, maybe. Pierette, definitely not.
    Bunny - Cute, but I agree that it's a little too sweet.
    Bruna, Beatrice - I actually think that they are both very sweet! Especially Bruna.

I'll put my top three...

1 Bruna
    2 Ballou
    3 Brier

HermioneCassiaRosalieSofiaKatarinaKiona
    LeoMatthiasEspenBennettAvery

Maya came to mind, mostly because I knew a baby Maya who had dark hair, large obviously blue eyes, and very clear pale skin.
    I love the Blueberry/Blubear nickname. Love it.

I think Isabella is a perfect idea as well! November on a Virgo just feels wrong to me. lol.
    Brier is nice as well, I prefer Briar though.

I think December would've been cute, if she was a December baby. But she's not so.

Ideas:
    Bonnie
    Aubrey
    Audrey
    Cassandra
    Alexandra
    Olivia
    Deanna
    Samara
    Selah
    Selena
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

from your list i like Piper but i prefer the spelling Briar rather than Brier
    16 year old girl in year 11 (: I write when I can so I'm always on the lookout for new names

Girls: Melody, Briar, Arabella, Tempest, Zoey, London, Zara, Peyton, Sadie, Rani, Liora, Jordan
    Boys: Jackson, Rixon, Seamus, Jai, Claude, Carter, Asher, Rhys, Rian (prn Ree-an), Levi, Leo, Joey, Harper, Damien, Sebastian, Jasper

What about Poppy for a really little girl? It's not a very grown-up sounding name, which is why it might be okay for a little baby. It's not VERY romantic but I think it sort of fits into that category. If she is playful and easygoing, then I think Poppy would really fit her personality.