Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    It's interesting to hear how people develop differently. I'm 22 weeks and just bought my first maternity jeans. All my yoga pants and some of my shorts still fit fine, but my jeans were too tight and we're starting to have some cool days. At my last appointment, I was exactly the weight I was when I conceived. I lost weight early on due to morning sickness and have just now caught back up.

I haven't felt him move any yet. On the ultrasound, he was very active, so I know it's me, not him. I did have a gas bubble sensation a few weeks ago that may have been him, but I'm not sure, and it hasn't happened again.

I will be 19w tomorrow and I have gained 4lbs, but my tummy grew quickly. I am in touch with a group of girls due the same time and everyone is SO different! It's crazy! My bras didn't fit at 6w, my pants needed special adjustment at 9w and around 16-17 weeks most couldn't accommodate that and I needed mat pants and pjama shorts and underpants are starting to fit weird now! I now have 3 pairs of mat pants and love them lol. In my case though it really is all tummy, and I am carrying low so even stretchy pants hurt because it's so sensitive right above the pelvic bone. DH says you can't tell I am pregnant from behind lol.

I had a crazy itchy tummy in early pregnancy, like 6w-9w and then nothing and yesterday the crazy itch came back!
    Mommy to Ivory (the cat), Hudson (the bulldog mix), and LittleFoot aka Lilla (the lab x terrier).

Our little girl is due February 2013.

Tina- maybe it's growing/stretching alot. My tummy always itches during big growth spurts!

Kungfu - it is definitely different for each woman and each pregancy. With #1, I did gain about 10 pounds by 22 weeks, but it was not in the belly! it was in my face, breasts, and hips/butt... I remember some of DH's friends commenting on me gaining weight/looking heavier (MEN!) but they didn't know I was pregnant! (he hadn't told them yet). You couldn't tell I was pregnant until I was 28 weeks! I mostly wore regular clothes up until that point. Now, well I'm an old pro I guess because I look and feel pregnant almost instantly! Yes, I'm having twins, but a month ago (15/16 weeks-ish), someone at church asked if they could touch by belly- it's that big!

I have to gain alot of weight in the beginning of the pregnancy - it's something my midwife and OB suggested to me last pregnancy and something I have done alot of research about in the context of pregnancy induced hypertension and placenta insufficiency (two things I deal with during pregnancy). It's hard with nausea and lack of appetite during the 1st trimester, but I force myself. I want to gain at least 24 pounds by 24 weeks. I made my goal last time (with a couple extra pounds!). I have 3.5 weeks to go and am only about like 6 pounds away from that goal, but I've been there for 2 weeks now. These babies are sucking all the calories out of me! I eat 130 grams of protein a day and I can't seem to gain.
    My high risk OB wants to see me again this Friday. It'll be my 3rd appointment in 3 weeks... for another blood pressure check. I really don't want to "fail" again. He might want to put me on blood pressure meds. I'm not really sure how I feel about that because I took them in my first two pregnancies and they didn't help - I mean it never progressed to pre-eclampsia or worse, but my BP stayed elevated even on the meds.
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (15 mo.) & Coraline (15 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

Tina,My itchy skin just started. I think the change in the weather over the past week or so had a lot to do with it too. My youngest weaned about a month ago and I havent noticed my chest getting bigger or anything, but now its more comfortable (nipple pain started, thank goodness, after she weaned instead of earlier) to not wear a bra. Tmi I know.
    Kungfu, my oldest dd was so relaxed in the womb. Plus the way my placenta was positioned it made it hard to feel her move. I will say that strangely enough, she is the most relaxed out of my kids so perhaps her way inside was meant to be how she is now?
    Hugs, crunchymom, an irl friend of twins also had a hard time gaining. She had me buy boxes of cliff builder bars at costco for her and would go through a box a week! It was so hard for her to gain weight however her boys were born at good weights for twins, one was low 7's the other a high 6. I hope your bp check goes ok too.

My next appt is Friday, hoping to hear the hb again since every now and then I think I feel something (one would think I know what it feels like!) but I am not sure. I have grown a little, and had a random stranger ask me when I am due so I am thinking I must look pregnant and not just like I have a beer gut, he he.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

It's funny because my tummy itched a few weeks before it "popped"... so maybe it's preparing for more growth haha. Our baby has been ahead on the growth chart all 3 times we checked during an u/s. 7.5 & 8.5 weeks it was only by a few days but now it is a week. I am sure it'll slow down at some point too because they grow at different rates. We know her due date is spot on because of ovulation. I only had the u/s done in the first trimester because of severe bleeding, if anyone remembers from either the Spring TTC thread or Pregnant 2012/2013 thread.

As for weight gain, I think I haven't gained much because I gained it last year haha. I gained about 20lbs since moving to the US and was never able to take it off so I think I have enough fat storage I used to be 150-155lbs @ 5'7" and fairly athletic. Still athletic but with extra fat on there LOL BMI considers me overweight but when I talked to my OB about it she said she wouldn't consider me over weight based on meeting/weighing me however we agreed a 15-25lbs weight gain would be best and my mw seems to be satisfied with what I've gained so far. I am going to ask at my next appt if that is still a good goal. It sounds good to me. My bp has been the same since I was 21 (27 now) and my HR is slightly higher, a combo of being less fit and pregnant. It used to be in the low 60's, now in the low 80's.
    Mommy to Ivory (the cat), Hudson (the bulldog mix), and LittleFoot aka Lilla (the lab x terrier).

Our little girl is due February 2013.