Names Searched Right Now:
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
    Congratulations Hayley!!! I love Tyne! I'm so glad you didn't get bullied out of it. <3 He's adorable! I'm happy to hear you're feeling so well after a C-section!

And Ottilie I just finally got to see little Rosalind's photo...she's gorgeous! I'm still in love with her name.

Meh, I feel like one big menstrual cramp at the moment, but otherwise doing well. Happy Easter everybody!!
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele

Oh, gigi, I hope you're feeling better. Happy easter to you too! And thank you, I think she's lovely (and her name too!).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by gigigibbons View Post
    Yeah, the induction would be at 39 weeks exactly. I understand the blood vessel calcification (that's usually the concern for normal pregnancies at 42 weeks I believe) but I don't know what shoulder dystocia is? Does that just mean a larger baby with the still soft bones would dislocate the shoulder in the birth canal? I'm not worried, I'm just curious.
    It means their shoulders get stuck when they are being born, my son Linus had this which is how I know. Size doesn't always mean it will be an issue at the time of birth, but it is something to keep an eye on especially if you have gestational diebetes. Positioning of baby and position in which mother pushes can cause SD as well. I have had friends who had 10+ pound babies literally slide out of them and others who had SD with their 7 or 8 pounders. But your drs are wise to keep an eye on things.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by jemama View Post
    It means their shoulders get stuck when they are being born, my son Linus had this which is how I know. Size doesn't always mean it will be an issue at the time of birth, but it is something to keep an eye on especially if you have gestational diebetes. Positioning of baby and position in which mother pushes can cause SD as well. I have had friends who had 10+ pound babies literally slide out of them and others who had SD with their 7 or 8 pounders. But your drs are wise to keep an eye on things.
    Exactly-- the baby's head is delivered but the shoulders (which re typically smaller in transverse dimension than the fetal head) cannot be. It is a life-threatening obstetric emergency. Bigger babies which are *symmetric* in their growth are at an elevated risk, but their heads could be too big to permit passage at all (thus arrest of descent and c-section). Unfortunately GDM babies are often proportioned a bit differently, in addition to being bigger; they often have barrel chests and big bulky shoulders.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Still baking in here, but only for another 3 more days max. Wednesday morning I will go to the hospital to be induced otherwise.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele