Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Jemama--thanks for the tip on the DHA. I just ordered a bottle of Ovega-3 but I'll keep it in mind when those start running low.

I haven't been feeling my baby move and I am wondering if it's just too subtle at this point. I think it's possible that the gas bubbles or stomach rumblings I've barely noticed were actually him. My mother keeps saying I'm having trouble feeling him because I'm too fat. While it may be true that weight impacts how well a woman can feel her baby move, I think it is highly insensitive of her to say things like that to me while I'm pregnant. Considering that she was quite a bit heavier than I am when she became pregnant, it seems especially baffling that she's throwing the word "fat" around. Am I being sensitive or is she being mean?

Women can be so harsh with describing the body types of other women, I am so sorry your mom has said that to you. Hugs. I do know that in general, a thinner framed woman will feel her baby sooner, but that is in general. Even so,mentioning your weight is rude none the less, your body is going to grow as the baby grows and she needs to stop talking about your body size all together and focus on helping you prepare physically and emotionally for your baby and her grandchild. Again, hugs.

Welcome Audrey! My oldest daughter was a Valentines day baby too and my youngest is named Violet, so we have a lot in common already.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Kungfu you aren't being overly sensitive. It's not a kind thing today to any woman of any body type. I have read that thinner woman will more likely feel it sooner but I gained more weight than I care for a year before conceiving, this is my first and I felt movement for the first time at 13 weeks. It wasn't often and very subtle and became more obvious and daily at 17 weeks. I am almost 20 now and it just keeps getting more clear. Your placenta placement good be a factor, the amount of muscle tone youhavein your core etc... There are plenty of factors. Hang in there you'll be feeling the baby soon!

Thanks guys. I'm starting to suspect I've been feeling him for awhile now and attributing it to other things. I've always had some stomach issues so it's hard for me to tell what's a stomach rumble and what's a kicking baby. It seems like that it's happening more frequently now and that makes me think maybe I just didn't realize what was happening. While I had gained weight over the last several years, it wasn't to the point where I'd expect to be completely insulated from feeling what's happening inside my body. I've also read that first-time moms take longer to feel the baby move, which could easily be from inexperience in knowing what to look for. That's what I'm chalking it up to. Thanks again for the supportive words.

kungfu- I agree with the others. That wasn't a nice thing for her to say -- pregnant or not! I think you are feeling the baby and like others said, it's still early to be feeling consistent movement right now.

audrey- are you going to find out if #2 is a boy or girl?

jem- omg, I have a terrrible gag reflex while pregnant! Brushing my teeth sounds like I'm choking! I usually have a somewhat bad one... like if I am rushing with brushing or if I ate too much before brushing, I will gag. But when I'm pregnt it's daily..and annoying.

tina, gigi, and ottillie- hope you are doing well.

My blood pressure was better, but not perfect. I don't have to go back for 2 more weeks now. I think I'm heading in the right direction. I made some changes to try to improve my blood pressure and I really feel like they helped. It's hard work, but I think I was in a bad pattern of laying around doing nothing and saying I was "sick"... it seemed to be coming true. The more I did that, the more I couldn't eat enough and the worse I felt. So I got up and am moving around alot more and eating protein every hour or two to make sure I keep up with my blood volume increase. My uterus is measuring 28 weeks! (I'm 21 wks) So I'm not too concerned about having braxton hicks contractions because that's about the time I had them with previous pregnancies (3rd trimester) and 20ish weeks is when I started having them with the last twin pregnancy. I was taking my twin pregnancy for granted I think because I did it so well last time that I forgot just how hard and how much I actually did to keep them growing and healthy.
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (13), Penelope (10) Alice (4), Fiona (4), Lucille (2) & Coraline (2)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~