Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    I'm taking DHA supplements as well. I bought some in PA at Whole Foods that were perfect for me because they're vegetarian. Now that I've moved to NC, I've been to 3 local Whole Foods--one only carried fish-based DHA and the other two had algae-based ones, but that had gelatin in them. I'm just going to order them online now.

I turned 17 weeks yesterday, and my appt went well. The MW also thinks that I am not able to feel the baby move due to positioning of my placenta. She easily found the heartbeat,again in the 140's, and had to chase baby because it was moving so much. I did loose half a pound since last month which isnt too surprising since I thrown up pretty much every night. But since everything else is right on track she isnt going to worry unless I keep loosing. I can call about scheduling my ultrasound for anytime after 18 1/2 weeks. I am going to try to schedule it so DH can be there, he hasnt been to many of ours due to his work schedule (and his current job and school is 1 1/2 hours away!). Nervous, but hopeful of seeing a healthy baby. We ate waiting until birth for the gender discovery which is fine because I love doing it that way.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

http://www.bellybarproducts.com/bell...-dha-products/

kungfualex, I got the above product. I am vegetarian (while not vegan, I do try to avoid certain animal products when possible) and have a hard time with pills due to my gag reflex so while I prefer getting things as close to their natural form as possible, I also need to get things in general into my body at this point in time and not throw them back up. So this works for me for now. I do take spectrum brand algae based dha normally when I feel I need to (when not pregnant) and if and when this gag reflex goes away that is what I will be back to taking.

And whoever mentioned the iron suppliment Floridex, I heard that it can take up to 6 weeks for iron levels to go up when taking any iron suppliment, so if there are not immediate results that is ok, just wait for a wee bit and hopefully it will work. I got mine yesterday and havent taken it yet, but hope to start this weekend.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Hi Everyone,
    my name is Audrey. I just joined.

I'm due January 12th, 2013 with my 2nd little one.

Audrey

Mommy to
    Violet Angelina 02/14/11 Our little Valentine's Day surprise!
    January Lucia 01/01/13 Our little New Year's surprise!

My Current Favorites are:
    Aria, Marcella, Cosette, Victoria, Coralie
    Myles, Graham, Bryce, Archer, Rowan

Jemama--thanks for the tip on the DHA. I just ordered a bottle of Ovega-3 but I'll keep it in mind when those start running low.

I haven't been feeling my baby move and I am wondering if it's just too subtle at this point. I think it's possible that the gas bubbles or stomach rumblings I've barely noticed were actually him. My mother keeps saying I'm having trouble feeling him because I'm too fat. While it may be true that weight impacts how well a woman can feel her baby move, I think it is highly insensitive of her to say things like that to me while I'm pregnant. Considering that she was quite a bit heavier than I am when she became pregnant, it seems especially baffling that she's throwing the word "fat" around. Am I being sensitive or is she being mean?