Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I still think my name is unusual enough [Sabrina] I love it. I recently talked to a Breezy.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane

Quote Originally Posted by malaria View Post
    Ha, I know how you feel. I'm Maurilia, after my Puerto Rican grandmother. I've never met another besides my nana, and everyone thinks it's pretty, but they also give me looks because I'm pretty white, and Maurilia is obviously pretty hispanic. No one spells it correctly or pronounces it correctly on the first try.
    My mother is Marilia [Muh-rill-ee-uh. Though we are Portuguese [Latin].
    Current Favorite Names

Quote Originally Posted by mon_bon View Post
    I don't know where she got Monday from, but I do know that she was thinking of calling me Sophina, and I'd much rather have that than Monday...ugh. But she did find out she was preggo with me on a Monday...maybe that has something to do with it??

Her best friend was called Renita, so I guess she changed the S to a V.
    No! I LOVE Monday for a name it's gorgeous I have it on my list. I read on another thread you middle name is Echo...Monday Echo so pretty don't change it ! I knew a Monday [and Tuesday for that matter] growing up.
    Current Favorite Names

My name is Brighid Molly Ada, I go by Molly though. Brighid is for my great-great-grandmother who came over from Ireland, so it's the traditional Irish spelling of Bridget, the spelling confuses a lot people into pronouncing it Brig-hid. Molly I picked for myself when I was thirteen after a character from The Looking Glass Wars. Ada my dad picked for Ada Lovelace the worlds first computer programmer.
    Boys: William Thomas | James Malcolm | Elias Christian | Vincent Theo | Joshua Benedict
    Girls: Alice Genevieve | Miranda Yvaine | Ivy Arabella | Clara Josephine | Celia Arianwyn
    Guilty Pleasures: Eglantine | Oisín | Zipporah | Étienne | Mitzi | Lidewij

I'm Tovara Sidura. I get SO many misspellings and mispronunciations. It's pronounced ta-VAR-ah, not TOE-vair-ah or TOV-ar-ah. I've been called Tamara, Tara, Debra, Flora... The list goes on. I have a long, very unusual last name as well. I really wish my mom had given me a more common middle name at times. It's grown on me over the years, though.

Tovara comes from the Hebrew "Tova" meaning "good". Sidura is a variation of Siduri, a goddess in the Epic of Gilgamesh. My mom's a die-hard hippie, lol.