Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I had a very common given name, but my maiden name was bizarre. It was a Polish name respelled to make it easier in English. It didn't simplify the name nearly enough, and the upshot is that even native Polish speakers can't understand it or recognize it as Slavic.

I hated having a common given name, and was equally frustrated by my complicated surname. I'd really have liked to be Hepzibah White.

@starcatcher668 I know two girls with your name, and they are teenagers! And I like how it sounds I don't really have a fixed nickname... It feels like I can't get anything short or cute from it!

@tintri I like your middle name!! It sounds really special, haven't heard of it before! And Ashley - even if it is popular - is a really nice name!

@ashthedreamer I really like the fact that your names come from older family members... it makes them feel more special!

@mon_bon I've never heard of anyone named like you! How did it come up? Were the people who named you really into days of the week?

@abby I understand how that feels! My surnames aren't the most normal in the world either, when I went to the US everyone wrote it/spelled it differently!!
    I have a weird, almost unique name... I have to spell it out to foreign people... It's only well known in the area I live in, getting popular by the moment!
    But still, when I was born I was one of the few people in the world named... Queralt!

I like (mostly popular girl names, got traumatized during my childhood for having a 'weird' name)
    Alice, Elizabeth, Clara, Eleanor, Julia, Isabel, Viviane. Also Geneva, Violet, Hazel.

My last name is very unusual, my first name is Lyndsey (not so unusual) and my middle name, the name I go by, is Rose. Uncommon as a first name, I've never been around someone else who has it as a first name.

Some very unusual names I've heard in elementary schools lately:

Adley (f)
    Iliana
    Seraphina
    Kurtlyn (f)
    Blaiden (m)
    Kahlyn
    Kallista
    Kimberlin
    Chaney (f)
    Sunshine
    Arminda
    Aquarius
    Horace (yes, really, as a middle name)
    Anya Angelina, Alessandra Mary, Delilah Claire, Adella India, Lydia Emanuella, Susannah Lenore, Caroline Michaela, Rikarah Jade, Liadah Cristina, Leah Cassandra, Alicia Cordelia, Eliza Francesca, Jade Antonia, Jessamine Faith, Audrina Rosemary, Shana Ariadne, Dana Rachel
    Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph, Gavin Daniel, Daniel Alexander, Lewis Malcolm, Jared Levi, Jesse Gabriel, Connor Michael, Callum Wade, Keegan Jude, Quentin Dominick, Micah Lucian, Miguel Antonio, Adam Gabriel

@jinxgirl My oldest sister's first name is Roser... it's the catalan form for a rose bush, fairly common here. I also know tons of Rosa's, which is the catalan/spanish version of Rose!
    I once knew a couple who were expecting a girl who they later named Iliana... I like it, but to me it sounds like a mix of Illinois + Indiana
    those names really stand out for unusualness! I never thought a girl would end up being named Sunshine...
    I have a weird, almost unique name... I have to spell it out to foreign people... It's only well known in the area I live in, getting popular by the moment!
    But still, when I was born I was one of the few people in the world named... Queralt!

I like (mostly popular girl names, got traumatized during my childhood for having a 'weird' name)
    Alice, Elizabeth, Clara, Eleanor, Julia, Isabel, Viviane. Also Geneva, Violet, Hazel.

I have a super common name. I love how special it is that your name is only popular in the area you're from. I also find it fascinating that you yourself pronounce it differently now. That happens a lot when people come to the states. A lot of names were changed by officials or sometimes people would change their own names to "fit in." When my own ancestors came from Finland they changed their last name from a long Finish surname that meant "people of the hill" to just plain Hill.