Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    To be honest, (though this might only be a common reference among lesbians and gays) is Shane from The L World. It's the only time I've ever heard Shane on a girl.
    It's a fine name, though.
    Vote on my list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9816413

My lovely kitties: Milo the girl and Piper the boy

Shayne Ryleigh is way too unisex for my taste, and the spelling of both seems particularly trendy.

Shana/Shayna sounds a million times better plus she could go by the nn Shane (like my cousin Shana does)

People hear your name more than they see it so no matter how you spell it people only hear "Shane Riley", a totally masculine name. I personally don't mind ambiguous names but then again I didn't have to grow up with one. Shayna Riley flows better and she won't be mistaken for a man for the rest of her life.

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I kinda like it. I'm not a fan of frilly names. There's a Shane or Shayne on the L Word, which you might want to look into (not a bad connotation to most). That made me like it a little more. I agree about the more girly mn.

The only Shane I have ever met was a woman. I tend not to like names that randomly have the letter Y added to them, but Shayne actually looks better to me (at least for a girl) than Shane. I quite like it. If you want to use it, go for it.