Names Searched Right Now:

Red face Help with arabic-europe name for Boy

Hello we're expecting our baby in next November . I'm Egyptian and my wife is Slovak
    We're looking for an arabic-europe boy's name hat is easy to pronounce/remember/write in English that has no religious connotation at all.

I don't have any suggest until now

if you have any other suggestions for names please let us know.
    best

Thanks

I really don't know much about Arabic names, but have you considered Zain? I think it's quite quirky and cool, and the more Anglicized Zane is quite popular at the moment, too. I think something like Zain/Zane Alexander or Zain/Zane Julian or something would be nice.

Though a bit "Z" heavy, I think Zain Ziven would be nice, too--I saw somewhere that Ziven means "alive" and Zain means "beautiful"--I think the meaning "alive and beautiful" is really lovely, actually.

Here's also a link to the most popular names in Slovakia in 2011--I think something like Zain Samuel or Zain Patrik or Zain Martin might be nice. A lot of really popular names are related to religion, though, so I don't know if something like Zain Samuel is really something you'd like to do.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Adam, Tomas, Jakub, Ali, Zain, Filip, Samuel, David, Omar were my first thoughts. Sorry, I know some of these have religious origins but I think they are so well-known and widely used these days that people don't associate them with religion anymore.

Good luck, hope I helped

I love Aziz. Zippy and memorable.
    Ikram, Imran, Irfan and Iskandar are favourites as well, Iskandar is awe inspiring. Short form Skandar as well
    Juda, Nadir, Sabri and the suggestion of Zain is also great
    I found a site once that listed Zeke as an Arabic names meaning 'shooting star' and I really liked it, but I'm not sure it's legit.
    There's also Nur/Noor and Malak.
    Last edited by dearest; September 13th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn