Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    I saw a BA for a Billy Willhelm and a Jorgia (I can handle Jorja and Georgia but nothing else). I personally know an Ayleesha and a Tamzyn who has a sister named Jorja.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Checked my state for "less common names," each of these has at least 5 children born in my state last year:

Jihad, Jabriel, Broden, Benadiah, Tayden, Seven, Sabastian, Rylen, Raylan, Quran, Giuseppe (like the shoe?), Dontae, Avant (avant garde?), Royal, Kash, Case, Cannon, Jowell, Lyric (on a boy), Syncere, Christ (There were 12), Legend, Crosby (hockey player's last name), Benuel, Messiah, Maxim (like the gentleman's magazine)

Reem, Nicholas (on 5 girls), Joseph (also 5 girls), Aubrielle, 5 female Alexanders, Princess, Messiah, Julissa, Jenesis, Treasure, Skylynn, Blessing, Taylin, Precious, Skylee, Jazlynn

I also know a girl name Ruxandria, who goes by Roxie
    ~Zoe

I heard this one from my aunt: La-a. It's bad enough just like that, but it's pronounced Ladasha. The dash in the middle is literally said like the word. I feel so bad for that little girl.
    I'm Erin, a teenaged writer who loves names (and dessert).

Girls names of the moment: Delaney | Eleanor | Georgia | Kate | Lucy
    Boys names of the moment: Felix | Harry | Liam | Theo | Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by erinlw View Post
    I heard this one from my aunt: La-a. It's bad enough just like that, but it's pronounced Ladasha. The dash in the middle is literally said like the word. I feel so bad for that little girl.
    Ugh. What is wrong with people these days.
    On middle names: There's no point to them.
    On picking kid's names for nicknames: Just name the kid the nickname in the first place if you're that set on ever using it.
    Someone with a difficult name thought on giving out "unique" names: Please stop and think how your kid's life will be growing up with a really difficult/awkward moniker.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/59277

Quote Originally Posted by shanbrownie View Post
    haha I'm having a good chuckle over these. Especially Allmighty, Allpowerful and Allknowing! Can that really be a true story?!

Here's the best one I have ever heard. A friend of mine is a kindergarten teacher and she had this girl in her class once.

Spelled La-ah, pronounced.............Ladashsha. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cece13 View Post
    My friend went to school with a girl named La-a (pronounced: Ladasha)
    My parent's friend worked at a hospital where twins were named Orange jello and Yellow jello
    Quote Originally Posted by namelisterdad View Post
    La-asha, pronounced luh dasha uh...seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by erinlw View Post
    The Le-a urban legend has been mentioned four seperate times in this thread now, and the fact that it's a popular urban legend has been addressed multiple times now too.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

No disrespect to anyone who posted it. I'm just so tired of it.