Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shanbrownie View Post
    haha I'm having a good chuckle over these. Especially Allmighty, Allpowerful and Allknowing! Can that really be a true story?!

He's the best one I have ever heard. A friend of mine is a kindergarten teacher and she had this girl in her class once.

Spelled La-ah, pronounced.............Ladashsha. LOL

I've heard others tell stories about kids named La-ah or Le-a (with the hyphen, minus, dash thing pronounced as "dash").

There's a viral email from 2008 that tells the story of a mom getting irate with a teacher for not pronouncing the dash. Apparently she says "the dash don't be silent"... I remember it so well because people talked about it for weeks.

I met a guy named Qrystian. I'm not sure if that's an accurate spelling, just that it was pronounced like Christian but started with a Q.

I overheard a woman in a store call her little girl Branch.

A relative's friend gave his daughters the first-middle name combos of Ann Chovi and Penny Foolish.

Oh, and a friend takes class photos and has come across a Syphilis, a Gonorrhea and 2 Placentas. He might have been (hopefully was) pulling my leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by shanbrownie View Post
    haha I'm having a good chuckle over these. Especially Allmighty, Allpowerful and Allknowing! Can that really be a true story?!

Here's the best one I have ever heard. A friend of mine is a kindergarten teacher and she had this girl in her class once.

Spelled La-ah, pronounced.............Ladashsha. LOL

Yeah, this is a pretty commonly told urban legend. I would be pretty shocked if your friend actually taught a La-ah.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

There's a boy named Rad in my daughters Preschool class... When I asked him his name I thought he said brad, but the teacher was like no...it's rad