View Poll Results: Georgia or Sage?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Georgia

64 71.91%
  • Sage

25 28.09%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Georgia for me too. As a pp noted, it has a wonderful blend of formality and sass. Georgia is much more fun to hang around than Virginia or Caroline, but she was in their cotillion class.

I think Georgia Sage is fine (though that's three soft Gs in one combo). Georgia Joy / Joylinn will not work-- Sage is pushing it, but at least that soft g is tucked away in the middle. You can't have three syllables in a row all starting with the same sound (JHor-JHa JHoy-lin).

Sage, to me, is slightly hippie still. It's an herb! It means wise! It's a guru! How mystical! It's just a little too tidy and earthy all rolled into one for me. Compared to something as beautiful and formidable as Georgia, it just doesn't stand up.

I assume one grandmother was named Joy, and another Lynn? Unfortunately that J sound just can't work in the first syllable slot. Have you thought about a different way to combine them and honor both? I think that you could select a name beginning with L to honor Lynn, which carries the meaning "joy."

The most obvious one is Letitia, which is a dignified old name meaning "joy." (There is also the French form Letice). Another is the modern Hebrew name Liron, which mean "my joy" (and even shares the first sound with Lynn).

Georgia Letitia, Georgia Letice, or Georgia Liron all flow well. All middle name choices are certainly unexpected but not odd.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Love Georgia. Today, anyway. Before today, I honestly hated it, haha. I don't know what changed, or why, but I really like it today! Sage is okay, but nothing special compared to Georgia, imo.

Good luck!

Georgia is a personal fave of mine! I love the nicknames Gee, and Georgie. I think Sage is better as a middle name, though it is lovelyyy
    Just a name obsessed teenager!

Girls; Lola Kate Aoife Elizabeth Mollie Luna Aurora Violet Sofia Isobel
    Boys; Xander James Felix Harry Noah William Alfie James Max James