Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What type of name do YOU PERSONALLY consider Ottilie to be?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Girly

8 23.53%
  • Pretty/Gorgeous

7 20.59%
  • Classy

6 17.65%
  • Vintage

9 26.47%
  • Weird

10 29.41%
  • Different

18 52.94%
  • Masculine

0 0%
  • Ugly

7 20.59%
  • Love it

7 20.59%
  • Hate it

5 14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you think of when you hear Ottilie?

What type of name do you consider Ottilie to be? Do you love it? Hate it? What do you see/feel with Ottilie. What about Jade, what do you think of the combo Ottilie Jade -fn/mn?

I'm not 100% sure about the pronunciation yet but I pronounce it -OT teh lee. OT rhyming with "got" and -teh lee said like Tilly.
    Last edited by raven1980; September 6th, 2012 at 09:29 PM.

I'm not sure what Ottilie's history is... perhaps it has a legitimate history. But the name Ottilie definitely sounds made up to me. That aside, I actually think it's a pretty cute name. It's just the "made up" feel puts me off it a lot. Ottilie Jade is nice.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

I don't know about the name. I know that there is a woman who does a name blog online with a daughter named Ottilie. Otto is a family name but I had never seen this name before. It is definitely different and may confuse a lot of people in real life. The pronunciation was confusing for me until I went on Forvo.
    It is a cute name and won't be the hardest name to live with.

I voted ugly but I don't really feel that way, I just don't care for it and I think the prn gets butchered by English speakers, which isn't their fault but I imagine people are going to say "oh till ee", "oh tuh lee" "ah tilly" so depending on where you are I'm not sure how usable it is.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

Sorry but I absolutely hate it.

It sounds like oddly or hotly or otter-lee to me, which just is not a pleasant sound.

It might fly in some areas though, it's just totally not my style and would be seen as super strange in my neck of the woods.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin