Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

What do you think of Emery?

My favorite girl name has long been Emma but I'm concerned about its overpopularity. Then I thought of Emery. I don't usually like unisex names but it's a family name on DH's side (and his Dad's middle name) and it has a similar sound to Emma. Although sometimes I wonder if it sounds like a mispronounced Emily.

Speaking of which, how would you pronounce it? Emry? Em-OR-y?

I like it - but I like it most on a boy pronounced em-OR-y ... like the university.

I like it! If it's spelled Emery, I tend to say Em-ry. If its spelled Emory, I might be more inclined to sound the whole thing out.

I love it. We just named our baby girl Emery Kate. We pronounce it Em-ry. We sometimes call her Emmy as a nn. Emma is very popular here too and we wanted something not as common.

I love Emery! I usually am not a huge fan of unisex names but I actually prefer Emery to Emma and Emily.
    And I agree with @sunshine.10 -if it's Emery, I say it with two syllables, if it's Emory, I say it with three.
    I like the Emery spelling because Emory reminds me of the university.
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James