Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't think a Seraphina would face any problems with her name, especially not in a English-speaking country. I love it! I'm quite sure that I'd use Fina as a nickname for Seraphina, simply because I like the meaning of Fina (something like 'the pretty one' in Swedish). I think Seraphina would fit in very nicely in your (future) sibset!

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

I like it but I wonder about the meaning being to much... Fiery, serpent like angel of God? Awesome on one hand, a tad scary on the other, lol!

What're your thoughts on the meaning, pp's?

I almost used Seraphina for my daughters mn. I still call her that from time to time. Seraphina is beautiful, and definately could work. So many possible nn: Sara, Siri, Ari, Fina, Finn..I had picked the name Seraphina specifically for the meaning "angel" my dd truly is my angel!
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I don't think it's unwearable, really. It's just a lot of name. I'm a simple sort of girl, haha, so I don't think I could pull off Seraphina, or even something like Juliet, haha. They just seem to be so rich in character and I'm not that exciting. I think it's gorgeous, though, and very wearable, especially with nns to make it more usable.

I think Ari could work... I think Sephie is adorable, too. I know someone who had/has Seraphina nn Nina on her list, I think that works, too. I think you could honestly get away with variants of Sarah as a nn for Seraphina, too--like Sadie, Suri, etc.

I agree that it goes really great with Alessandra and Nathaniel especially, but also all your other names. Henry and Seraphina would be really cute for siblings, I think!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I don't think it's unwearable, really. It's just a lot of name. I'm a simple sort of girl, haha, so I don't think I could pull off Seraphina, or even something like Juliet, haha. They just seem to be so rich in character and I'm not that exciting. I think it's gorgeous, though, and very wearable, especially with nns to make it more usable.

I think Ari could work... I think Sephie is adorable, too. I know someone who had/has Seraphina nn Nina on her list, I think that works, too. I think you could honestly get away with variants of Sarah as a nn for Seraphina, too--like Sadie, Suri, etc.

I agree that it goes really great with Alessandra and Nathaniel especially, but also all your other names. Henry and Seraphina would be really cute for siblings, I think!
    It's definitely a lot of name! It's one reason I was wary of it, but it's not that much more than Alessandra or Nathaniel...
    Oh I love the idea of Nina as a nickname!
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto