Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I mean...it's fine that you don't like the "traditional" spellings (by which I assume you mean the correct spellings?) but honestly, as written the names you listed were indecipherable to me for a good few seconds. I had to sound them out in my head before I realized that they were actually very common, trendy names that had been butchered. Imagine every single person in your child's life, for the rest of their life, going through the following process: "What the heck does this random bunch of letters signify? Kuh-ky--no, that's kay...kay-ee? No, kay...dye? Kay-dines? Oh, CADENCE!"

May I ask why you don't like the correct spellings of these names? I can sympathize, to an extent -- I prefer Esmay over Esme, but only because the latter is phonetic. Are an excess of y's, k's, and the replacing of -lee, -ly, and -lie with the cumbersome -leigh (which I always pronounce 'lay-gh' in my head) more aesthetically pleasing? To me, with my background in the arts, these yooneek spellings are just plain ugly. It's also not like they make the name 'special'. Pronounced (if someone actually manages to pronounce them, that is) they sound exactly like the correctly spelled version...and chances are, with these names, there will be a few of each name in your son or daughter's class already. So really, what is the point of mispelling? I'm honestly curious.

Coralie is definitely a standout on this list. It's absolutely stunning, and right in the "different but not weird" territory. The other names aren't really my taste. I do agree with mamarachof6 that spellings like Avery, Cadence, and Riley are much more appealing.

I think you should also know that most of the names on your list are VERY common, you've just spelled them in an uncommon way. I think that gives a name all the problems of having a common name (constantly meeting others with the same name, having to go by Riley P. or Cadence M., confusion about which Bailey, etc.) in addition all the problems of an uncommon name, like trouble with spelling, pronunciation, and odd looks. Coralie I think avoids both of these problems- there aren't very many Coralies out there, but it's very easy to spell and pronounce. That's easily the winner for me.

For boys, I really like Easton, with second place going to Logan. I think you might also consider some of these names:
    Callum
    Liam
    Weston
    Keats
    Kieran
    Cole
    Lincoln
    Gannon
    Auden
    Kingston
    Ashton
    Bodhi
    Paxton/Pax
    Maxwell/Max
    Finn or Flynn
    Eamon (pronounced like the letter "A" and then "mun"- A-min"
    Gavin
    Nolan
    Jameson
    Jack
    Nico
    Declan

And a few other suggestions for girls:
    Noa
    Harper
    Auden
    Rosalie
    Felicity
    Ava
    Abigail
    Vivienne
    Leah
    Quinn
    Marlo
    Stella
    Nola/Nova
    Cora
    Willow
    Maeve
    Avis
    Brynn
    Lily
    Hadley
    Last edited by daisy451; September 5th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

I like Coralie and Easton. I think Coralie Grace and Easton David or Easton Matthew would be fabulous!

Good luck!

I like Ellisyn!
    Mother of five. Expecting a sixth. Happily married. My children, my loves, my life.
    Hugo Foster, age 10
    Oscar Elias, age 8
    Daphne Indigo, age 7
    Elodie Paloma, age 5
    Scarlett Athena, age 2

Baby #6 has arrived named Atticus North!
    Thank you to all who helped me make this decision

2 loving & loyal dogs:
    Ryder & Lola