Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ashley nn Lela?

I love it.
    I'm a big fan of nicknames that turn popular names into something a little more special...I had a friend in elementary school who was always Sica (for Jessica, pronounced seek-a) which goes right along with your logic of Leela for Ashley. Leelee, Leyla, Lee, Asha...go for what you love, ask friends to use it if they can, and stick by it with new people you meet.

I absolutely love it!

Personally, I've done the same thing with my name,Susan. Although it hasn't quite stuck, I always preferred the nickname Zuzu to Sue, or Susie, because it's short,sweet,vintage,spunky, and sassy, which is me in an nutshell.:]

I never would have thought of Ashley nn Lela until you brought it up, but I'm glad that you did. I don't think it's a stretch at all. It's beautiful!
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James

Thanks, ladies! Lela sort of completely reinvents Ashley for me. I'm still not 100% sure it fits me, but I think I'm going to test it out on take-out orders and such for a while, to see how it feels. Do you think people would have a problem with spelling/pronunciation? Or is Lela "lee-lah" pretty intuitive?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

To me, it's totally intuitive : D. Good luck with this experiment!

It works & I love it! I call my sister Elizabeth Leela so I feel like it's a pretty versatile nn that could work for any name with a lee sound in it.