Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Micaiah

Micaiah

How would you pronounce this?

I have two pronunciations in mind, one which I prefer, but have an idea that most would pronounce it the other way. Mi (short i) kye uh OR My kay uh. I like the second pronunciation, for a girl (even though I know the name is a man's name in the Bible). I like it with the idea of Caiah (kay uh) as a nickname.

I would have said mih-kye-uh.

I don't like it on a girl or the other pronunciation at all, that cheapens it to a variation on the whole used-and-abused Mikayla/Makenna-family of mispelt kreativity.

It feels like a girls name. I know a Mica pronouced mee-kuh...so I just combined that with the ending of Isaiah when I said it in my head....Mee-Kye-Uh. I don't like the look or feel of the name...

My first thought was Mick-KYE-uh, then My-KAY-uh. I prefer the first, but I don't love the name, I think there's a lot of spelling and pron. issues with it.
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

I would say Mi-kye-uh - it definitely feels like a girl's name to me, but that's probably because the main character of one of my favourite video games is called Micaiah and she's a girl.
    Mimi
    Loving:
    Astrid-Cordelia-Elise-Isla-Katerina-Lucia-Luna-Maya-Mirabelle-Violet
    Asher-Casper-Frederick-Hector-Joshua-Lucian-Lyon-Oscar-Sebastian-Theodore

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9832299 please vote and tell me what you think - would love some honest opinions!