Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Elliot

Darwin Elliot

What do you think of the name Darwin Elliot?

Thanks!
    new username @finch

I like Elliot, but I think Darwin should be more of a guilty pleasure name. Darwin is very tied to Charles and evolution, which is unfortunately not 100% accepted in the US. I think Charles Darwin is great and am strongly against creationism, but the fact is there are people who will judge a child named Darwin or his parents. I don't think any name is worth that risk.

I like both names individually. I think Darwin is a pretty bad-ass name to give a boy. It also means "dear one" right? So that's nice. To me, they're both names of famous people- Charles Darwin and TS Eliot, so together it feels to me like you're trying to create a baby genius! Feels a bit nerdy. I'd use one of those names along with another more modern (or just lighter) name to temper the possible nerd-factor. Just one person's opinion. Elliot has a great rolling sound.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy451 View Post
    Darwin is very tied to Charles and evolution, which is unfortunately not 100% accepted in the US. I think Charles Darwin is great and am strongly against creationism, but the fact is there are people who will judge a child named Darwin or his parents. I don't think any name is worth that risk.
    This is very true. I forget sometimes how quick people are to judge a child for the name their parents chose.
    new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    To me, they're both names of famous people- Charles Darwin and TS Eliot, so together it feels to me like you're trying to create a baby genius!
    A baby genius isn't the intention with the name, but I'm not complaining if that's the result!

You have some interesting points that I should take into consideration with the names I choose.
    new username @finch