Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Had a name picked out since I was 10 years old. Now getting popular!!

:???: I have had a girls name picked out since I was 10 years old. Now I read it is on the rise. Should I ditch this name and go with a pretty biblical name? Pick something totally different? I don't want people to think I just picked a trendy name if this name really does pick up in popularity??? I am sure it is just hormones. I know, it's is stupid to worry about this. I am not due until April. I have a ton of time to think of a name. I mean heck, we don't even want to know what we are having until our bundle of joy shows up. I just had to write this. Thanks!

I say if you love it, go for it! Most biblical names are pretty popular too though, so if you wanted something unique, I would just find a name that makes your heart flutter. Good luck!

The most important thing in choosing a name for your child is that it's a name that you absolutely love and adore. It doesn't matter if you picked out the name 10 years ago and is now #1. If to you this name is the best name in the world (and assuming it's not something Latrine or Sh*thouse - sorry I just watched "Men in Tights") what other people might think in negligible.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

If you love it and always have you should use it, no matter the popularity. Who cares what people think? You'll look back later and be disappointed you didn't follow your heart.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    The most important thing in choosing a name for your child is that it's a name that you absolutely love and adore. It doesn't matter if you picked out the name 10 years ago and is now #1. If to you this name is the best name in the world (and assuming it's not something Latrine or Sh*thouse - sorry I just watched "Men in Tights") what other people might think in negligible.
    I agree with this, and Lex; I just watched Men in Tights yesterday!!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]