Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sunset?

I like Sunset Jessica Ashdown, too. It's more hippie/nature to me (which I think is good) than trashy strippery, and I find it hard to believe that once there's an actual child to attach it to that people will think it's any of the negative things people are saying about it. I say if you still like it and find it "perfect" and "dreamy," then don't cross it off the list!

Since you asked for brutal honesty, no I don't think it's usable at all. It's really trying too hard to be different.

Middle spot would be ok, I am also a "anything goes in the middle" kind of person. Or maybe you can use two middles?

Sunset feels very tacky to me, like for an adult entertainer.

What about Sunniva?

It sounds like the name of a horse..not a little girl

Honestly, I usually LOVE "out there" names...heck, we're pretty sure our son's mn will be Rocket! BUT, Sunset in comparison with the down-right FABULOUS names you've given your sons just doesn't "shine" (pardon the pun). :-(. I mean, Vale, Flynn, and Darby are FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC! Sunset just seems cheap and trailer-trashy next to them...also, dare I say, slightly stripperish (sorry!). And I really dislike the nn Sunny - always have.

I feel I really need time to think through a good name to fit into this mix, but off the top of my head I can come up with these:

None of those seem perfect, and really if YOU love Sunset...well, it's YOUR kiddo. You can do whatever you want; so take what I've said with a grain of salt. :-). GL to you!
    Writer "mom" of three fabulously named girls (Dahlia, Imogen, and Elliott) and two boys (Finn and Jethro/Jet); real-life mom to Scottie dog fur-child, Eagan Fitzgerald.

Soon-to-be adoptive mom of a South Korean cutie named Desmond (or possibly Colm???). Follow our adoption story at

Fave girl names: Maeve, Talullah, Roisin, Saoirse, Fionnuala
    Fave boy names: Desmond, Colm, Finn, Hugo, Milo, Django