Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Backyardigans movies are great, as are Veggie Tales. Rugrats episodes are good too, although the actual movies have parts that might be too scary for little ones (especially the first one). Mickey Mouse Clubhouse movies are good. Lilo & Stitch and Cars are both fine as well. I would definitely say no to Brave, when it comes out, as it's actually quite spooky. I agree with most of the movies pp have said are a little scary, and would add Lady and the Tramp to the list (Those Siamese cats scared me for years).
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9812414

Current Favorites: Emmeline, Claire, Iris, Verity, Jane, Freya, Josephine, Quinn, Andromeda, Xanthe, Claudia, Kenzie, Molly, Henrietta, Elodie, Schuyler, Famke, Rowan, Addison, Jade

Caspian, Bennett, Rafferty, Jameson, Ezra, August, Phoenix, Holden, Grayson, Mercer, Josiah, Oliver, Harry, Callen, Arthur, Liam, Montgomery, Kai, Ulysses, Charlie

I think there is probably something that could frighten or otherwise upset someone in almost any movie. I remember as a child I loved Robin Hood, Bambi, The Fox and the Hound, The Rescuers, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, The Secret of Nimh, The Dark Crystal, Annie, E.T., The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, and the first three Star Wars movies, even though there was something that I thought was scary in each of them. My parents never really focused on the scary parts, and the good guys always won in the end, so I think I just accepted the scary things as part of the whole.

Three things did absolutely terrify me, though.
    1) Alice in Wonderland, any version, and particularly the one that was on TV in the mid-80s. Between Carol Channing as the White Queen, Imogene Cocoa as the Cook with the Duchess and the pigbaby, and the terrifying Jabberwocky scenes in the dark forest, I was terrorized. (Also, I didn't realize the baby was a pig, and it was kind of scary to see the reveal.)

2) Some parts of Fantasia still really scare me, lol.

3) Return to Oz. My well-meaning grandmother took me to this when it came out at the theater, and the film OPENED with Dorothy being in a scary, dark mental institution being strapped down for electro-shock therapy during a thunderstorm. That was bad enough, but then the queen of Oz had interchangeable heads and kept the spares in a huge gallery where they were mounted in cases and could move and talk and look at you. So, yeah, even to this day I have a bit of a thing about beheadings.

Some of my favorite cartoons that I think are pretty safe are the cartoon versions of the Doctor Seuss movies (but not the ones with Mike Myers--that one gives me the creeps even as an adult!), Winnie the Pooh, and Peanuts. I've always loved Peanuts; I think it's just one of the best cartoon series out there.
    Last edited by shellezbellez; September 7th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
    Current Favorites

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Tosca, Cassia, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah

Fantasia has some really scary parts.
    The sharks in finding nemo scared me when i was young.
    I really loved monsters inc but Randall scared me.
    I love Tangled and Brave but the bear in brave scares me.
    the Incredibles is a good one.
    Teenage Name Lover with a unhealthy addiction to LOTR

Kitty | Adele | Rose
    Benedict | Percy | Asa

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Veggie tales, little Einsteins,the leap frog movies my kids like seven brides for seven brothers. Theres also joseph and the coat of many colors and the prince of Egypt.

We love Disney in our house! The only one she hasn't seen is Pinnochio because it really scared me as a child, specifically the parts where they were swallowed by a whale and the little boy turned into a donkey.

Her favourites are Tangled, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Hercules (admittedly this isn't her favourite and she won't watch it alone), The Jungle Book, The Swan Princess, and Shrek. She absolutely loves Shrek!

As for TV I monitor what she watches. I don't allow Nickelodeon (it makes my brain melt, I swear!) because her dad absolutely detests Spongebob Squarepants, or Cartoon Network, all she's allowed to watch is Playhouse Disney.

Favourites on Playhouse Disney include Sophia the First, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Special Agent Oso and Little Einsteins.

She watches more dvds than tv, and at that, never for more than an hour or so each day.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.