Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Snow White scared the crap out of me when i was little. Bambi and the Fox and the Hound really upset me to. Lady and the Tramp is great, same with Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin is a classic.

I totally skip scary scenes in Disney movies. As far as my daughter knows, Mufasa went on vacation! But I must say I completely agree with Janell. The new Winnie the Pooh is adorable and made for toddlers. I find it funny as well. We like Finding Nemo and the couple of scary-ish chase scenes don't seem to bother my kids. We also really like Tangled, however, my daughter (almost 3) used to cry hardcore when Mother Gothel yells at Rapunzel about leaving the tower. She hasn't done so recently, but I also skim through that scene most of the time.

For a movie feel, I really like a lot of the Nickelodeon and Disney show specials (usually about 45 min long). Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has a few and there will be a second hour long Jake and the Neverland Pirates special this month (love this show!). Though, my favorite show by far is Doc McStuffins closely followed by Octonauts (both Disney). You can get a few Doc episodes on DVD, but I haven't seen any for Octonauts yet.
    Current loves: Theodore & Rosalind

Mommy to Arabella and Jude

Most Disney movies are okay, I know some little kids who are scared of:
    Snow White - the forest scene
    Sleeping Beauty - the witch
    Toy Story - the one boy who is creepy looking

that is some, not all, depends how easily scared they are. I was terrified of Snow White when I was little, but I loved Sleeping Beauty. It really depends on what the child fears...

I would probably not do anything Tim Burton "(Coraline, The Corpse Bride, The Nightmare Before Christmas). Those scare me somewhat and I am 21!

I would recommend:
    The Land Before Time (only if they aren't scared of dinosaurs)
    Anything Dr. Seus (Horton hears a who, the lorax)
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
    Up!
    Wall-E
    Ponyo
    My Neighbor Totoro
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    The Little Mermaid (Ursula is probably the least scary Disney villain, besides mother Gothel)
    The Little Mermaid 2
    The Little Mermaid Ariel's Beginning
    Tangled
    The Aristocrats
    Dumbo
    Lilo and Stitch
    Rio
    Cars

It's not a movie but:
    My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - my soon to be nieces are obsessed with this show! (they are 3 and 5)
    Winx Club - same as above
    Curious George

It's not animated but:
    Elf - my soon to be nephew is almost 3, he is addicted to this movie, they watch it even in summer!
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Well I'm the biggest movie wimp around...so here's (probably a very partial list) of what scared me...
    -The Lion King (I had to leave the theater I was inconsolable!)
    -Bambi
    -101 Dalmations
    -The Little Mermaid (ok as long as i fast forward that giant Ursula scene!!!)
    -Fantasia (Just shut it off before the last scene!!)
    -The Fox and the Hound (waaaah)
    -Aladdin (Jafar snake!)
    -An animated Rikki Tikki Tavi that gave me nightmares for MONTHS
    More recently, Finding Nemo and Up (I had to pause and bawl for like an hour before I could resume) have been too much for me.

Now on the positive side...
    Winnie the Pooh was always good
    Madeline animated tv shows...I think most were about 25 minutes long and I adored them!
    Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, all those I LOVED. Actually, from about 5, I loved old movies like National Velvet, Meet Me in St. Louis, Summer Magic, the Parent Trap, I was afraid of very abstract things, so these were PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by catloverd View Post
    that is some, not all, depends how easily scared they are. I was terrified of Snow White when I was little, but I loved Sleeping Beauty. It really depends on what the child fears...
    Oh my gosh, same here! Sleeping Beauty has been my favorite for so long, but the evil queen always scared the bajeezus out of me. Dragons are nothing compared to that creepy old lady.
    Current loves: Theodore & Rosalind

Mommy to Arabella and Jude