Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't recall finding Disney movies being scary at all when I was younger.
    I think musicals are a good way to go, as someone else already mentioned. I must've seen The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks etc. SO MANY TIMES!

I remember the movie Hook coming out when I was about 5 or 6. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have ACTUALLY seen that movie over 200 times. For real. I even bought it on DVD a few years ago and have re-watched it 5 or 6 times since then. Might be a bit much for the younger kiddos, but the 6+ kids might like it.

Someone also mentioned the new Winnie the Pooh movie, I watched this one recently and its very cute!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

I used to get scared of the Lion King at some scenes, and forget about the Hunchback of Notre Dame! Lol.

Some kids are more sensitive to scare than others, so it really depends on the child. My youngest brother for example, and stomach a lot of things that I couldn't.

I think earlier Disney is great for kids, but the newer stuff is getting more mature and for 10+ imo. I'm only 19 though, so I don't know that much about parenting. I work in a daycare and the movies we play have to G rated, no PG allowed.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

I would just like to recommend Studio Ghibli's 'My Neighbor Totoro' and 'Ponyo'. They're both great for little children, very imaginative and not scary, while still tackling important themes that kids can relate to like moving to a new place, having a sick parent and such. They have respect for the child as a thinking and feeling person, instead of just trying to be a good enough distraction for about an hour.

Shaun the Sheep is also very funny

And beware of Bambi. It's nice enough with the flowers and the ice, but his mother gets murdered by a hunter, and the entire forest burns...
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

VEGGIETALES!!! Another favorite in our house is Hermie & Friends as well as Thomas, Seseame Street, Dinosaur Train....pretty much all of the PBS shows. We do like SOME of the Disney shows too like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & Chuggington.

Rio is great. My kids are afraid of evil characters like whiches.