Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I have NONE for girls! A boy would be easy for me...my pick would be John. Probably John Joseph.

My girl name was Nina Beatrice but my BIL & SIL kinda stole the Nina part! So my It mn is Mary-Beatrice or Jean-Beatrice...the first name is undecided. Maybe:
    Claudette
    Veronica
    Vera
    Bernadette
    Merit
    Antonia

Quote Originally Posted by maple_blythe View Post
    I've got three 'it' names for daughters, which I've had since I was 17 or so (Elspeth, Ingrid, and Margaret/Margot). Boys are a bit different: I have a top five or so, but the 'it' name changes pretty regularly between them and I'm not as attached to them. I'm more attached to three boy middles, which are Alistair, Robert/Robin, and James/Seumas/Hamish...I'd probably let the S.O. have his way on boy firsts if I got the middles, and vice versa for the girls

The first 'it' name I remember having is Norah I was in love with that name after reading Kit Pearson's Guests of War trilogy in grade 2 or 3, and realising it was related to my sister's name without sounding identical.
    It's so strange that my two "it" names are on your short list too! I'd use both Margot and Ingrid for sure!
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend... 6/9/07

Margot Helen
    Ingrid Naomi
    Zelda Irene

Gwyneth*Thea*Portia*Rosalind*Thalia

Ephraim Charles
    Linus Arthur
    Cedric Jame

Conrad*Leander*Cormac*Leopold*Casimir*Augustin*Sil as*Dexter*Alasdair

I love the name Hero for a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by nono View Post
    Tamsin, Iris, and Ione have all filled that spot at different moments for me, but I'm not sure if I have any "it" names at the moment.

Edit: Oh, Hero too! There was definitely a point where I was completely in love with it enough to use it, even though I knew it had the potential to be a controversial choice.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

I only have one "it" name. For both genders. Much as I adore all the other names on my short list, and much as I imagine those will be the names I'll use if it's all up to me, there's just nothing as perfect as Isabelle and Caleb to me. They're just it. I'm hoping that after I use those names that one of my other favorites become the "it" names, because I love them too much to really want to give them up, either. But still, Arianne, Olivia, Violet, Rachel, Liliana, Charlotte, Everett, Jack, Asher, Grayson, Brody, Bailey, Avery, etc.--they're just not on par with Isabelle and Caleb!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Helena, Cora, George, and Edward are my "it" names. I also really love the other names in my signature, but not quite with the same passion as I love my top two.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine