Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How many 'it' names do you have?

How many names on your list do you actually think of as being the one? I have Lucy, but after that I don't know if I'd actually use any of the names on my girls list. What about you? How many on your list would you actually use in a heartbeat? And if you want to tell me what they are, that'd be good. Maybe your perfect name will be perfect for me as well.
    Girls: Lucy, Nora, Ivy, Mae, Willow, Rose, Nessa
    Boys: Felix, Philip, Owen, Flynn, Dexter, Henry, Rory, Finlay

Tamsin, Iris, and Ione have all filled that spot at different moments for me, but I'm not sure if I have any "it" names at the moment.

Edit: Oh, Hero too! There was definitely a point where I was completely in love with it enough to use it, even though I knew it had the potential to be a controversial choice.

I love the name Hero for a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by nono View Post
    Tamsin, Iris, and Ione have all filled that spot at different moments for me, but I'm not sure if I have any "it" names at the moment.

Edit: Oh, Hero too! There was definitely a point where I was completely in love with it enough to use it, even though I knew it had the potential to be a controversial choice.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

My perfect name is Elizabeth. I would definitely use it in a heartbeat. It's timeless, a classic beauty, full of nickname potential, elegant, professional, feminine, has a strong history... I could go on and on. My favorite thing about Elizabeth is that it ages well. Elizabeth could belong to a newborn, a young child, a highschool girl, a graduate student, a mother, a great-grandmother, etc. The name Elizabeth never ages you.

Other names I would use in a heartbeat:
    Lillian
    Eve
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

My fiance and I are naming a daughter Verity. Nothing else is even close, so it is definitely my "it" name! It's kind of nice. I don't have the stress that so many other berries seem to go through!

We only discuss other girls' names in the event we have more children, or twins. We almost feel guilty because our second choices are so far second, it's no contest. But I do like Gwendolen, Kassandra, and Mattea currently. Fiance totally surprised me by liking the name Meridian. I told him middle name territory only.