Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry I have never liked themes...

So I have always been a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I mean HUGE. I have also always loved the name Hermione. It's been top on my list since 2005ish... (That makes me feel really old now.. yikes) I don't care about there being a huge connection between Hermione and HP, but now I've came across another problem. Bellatrix. I don't care HOW terrible the character was, it's the name I've fallen for. And then here comes Narcissa. I thought I'd just kick that one off my list because narcissitic. But nope, it's a freaking daffodil.

Harry, always been a fan. Lorcan has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine! Then I do something VERY stupid and spend 2 days watching the entire series of Harry Potter. Now apparently Lorcan TOO is a Harry Potter name! Obviously not a famous one, but it's on there :/ After finishing the series (for the hundreth time) I now am fond of Diggory and Frederick. Just lovely.

Hermione, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Lorcan, Diggory, Frederick, and Harry. When I had only Harry and Hermione on my list, I just told myself that I'd use one and not the other. Now I have more names I love and don't want to get rid of them :/ I feel like Lorcan isn't a big deal because not really anyone would know that it's Luna Lovegood's future son. Rowling sure knows how to pick them! It's not fair...

So now that I've vented, does anyone know any names that I'd probably fall for so I can get rid of some of these! I would be PERFECTLY happy naming one of my daughters Narcissa, so I guess my style is "cruel and freaky" acording to my family :P

Other names that are on my list, but THANKFULLY aren't HP related are :

Sephrenia (Found it in a book somewhere, I haven't found a meaning but it's still pretty.)
    Megaera
    Rhodaline
    Tallulah
    Echo
    Svetlana
    Ithaca
    Yelizaveta
    Anzhelina
    Sage
    Elektra
    Nastassia
    Catori (Spirt in N.A)
    Theodora

Zephaniah
    Pogue
    Gallagher
    Madden
    Solomore (Surname)
    Claudius
    Aleron
    Riddick
    Hawthorne
    Leonid
    Klaus
    Coinneach

I love Harry Potter, but I'd feel waaay geeky naming all my future kids after an entire series :P

Instead of Sephrenia what about Sophronia? I really like this. I don't know a lot of names that might fit your ideals but some on my (very long) list are:

Thomasina
    Odessa
    Celestia
    Euphemia
    Ortensia
    Thora
    Theodosia

Lysander
    Ambrose
    Leopold
    Evander
    Thaddeus
    Solomon
    Steen
    Griffin
    Willoughby

FWIW I love Hermione.
    Last edited by emelis; August 27th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William

I have a HP tattoo, I'm a huge fan, I understand your obsession. The first thing that popped into my head is Tullia.

Others that you might like could include Eugenia, Henrietta, Ismene, Lilith, Ophelia, Odessa, Prudence, Priscilla, Serefina, Tabitha, Artemis, Caelan, Earnest, Gryphon (though probably not if you have a little Harry, Ron or Hermione), Korbin, Maximus, Rupert, Tristan and Wolfgang.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Tansy (as a nod to Pansy, as in Parkinson, without being so literal) popped into my head for you.

Bellatrix was always my favorite name from the series, so I understand where you're coming from. I also liked Rowena, Narcissa and Mafalda. I think of Bellatrix as like Beatrix, but infinitely cooler and with a better meaning. A Bellatrix might get lumped in with all the other Bellas (and unfortunately, I'm sick of the sound of Bella on its own) despite it being a completely different name with a different meaning from Isabella. She could also go by Trixie.