Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Names you can't use because of your last name

So Philo has been on my list of favorite boy names for a while now. And today it hit me, my boyfriend's last name (my possible future last name) ends in -eau (it's French, so it's pronounced oh). Philo ****eau? It rhymes. I was bummed. I guess I'll just save it for a dog lol. What are some names that you can no longer use due to your last name or future last name?

I can't use Theodore. the whole name actually sounds fine with our last name, but the most likely nn would result in Theo T..O waaaayyyy too matchy!
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Names that end in en/on/in/an are tricky, which is a huge shame since I adore so many Welsh names for girls that end in wen
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

Our last name starts with a P, so I feel like all P names are out... Which is too bad because I like Parker, Paige, Phineas, Piper.

Dh and I both really love Thomas but our last name is Tys0n so we've passed.
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter