Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shiloh?

Shiloh?

Would too many people associate it Brangelina's DAUGHTER Shiloh? I love it for a boy. What do you think?
    Alice Geneva K

Henry Luca Ronan | Arthur William Klaus | Ezra Sebastian Leo
    Violet Thisbe Winter | Matilda Florence Lark | Willa Katherine Poppy

vote

nms sorry. I wouldn't use it on a boy either.
    August John//Skandar Finn/Albert Igor/Samson Hugo/Dorothea Nim/Rani Jemima/Eimear Cosette/Olwen Eliora
    Julia Robin/Margo Milena/Nadia Willow/Primrose Iola/Cosmea Ruth/Emeline Hope/Ottilie Rowena/Miriam Celeste

I like it for either a boy or a girl. I am a bit deterred by that the fact it's so associated with Brangelina, but I don't think that it makes the name unususable. There is a male actor, Shiloh Fernandez, who has been in a few things lately, so perhaps if he becomes more famous the name will be less tied to Brangelina.

I always think of Shiloh as a girl's name, not because of the celebrity, but because of the movie Shiloh! (It seems like no one remembers that beloved dog) The dog was a girl and my cousin named her basset hound, also a girl, Shiloh.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Quote Originally Posted by catloverd View Post
    I always think of Shiloh as a girl's name, not because of the celebrity, but because of the movie Shiloh! (It seems like no one remembers that beloved dog) The dog was a girl and my cousin named her basset hound, also a girl, Shiloh.
    Actually, the dog was a boy (though I believe the dog that played Shiloh in the film was a female). I read the book as a kid when it first came out and because of that association, I always have a hard time picturing the name on a person instead of an animal. If someone were to use it on their child though, I would assume they were using it on a boy since (probably because of the book) I think of Shiloh as a male name.