Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beau.

Beau.

I go through phases of thinking Beau is a handsome, rich, classic, manly name, to finding it very juvenile, tacky and unusable.

What do Berries think of Beau?

I'm currently crushing on it and considering re-adding it to my list, but I'm just not so sure. I also think its a little incomplete but I really opposed to any of the longer versions I've found.

Do you think Beau is usable, or silly? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Grace, Early 20's and Bride-to-Be...Dreaming of Future Babies.

Lucy Primrose, Alice Juliette, Rose Charlotte, Madeline Sophie, Lillian Faye, Ivy Elena, Amélie Winter.
    Mae Seraphina nn Maisy, Phoebe Luna, Annabella Violet, Kate Susannah.
    Noah Samuel, Rory Joshua, Luca Gabriel, Isaac Beau, Louis Daniel, Henry Rowan, William Elliott, Roman Alexander.

I like Beau just fine on it's own. I don't really like the longer version. I think it has a handsome sound and I don't find it juvenile at all.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I have a cousin who named one of her twins Beau. (His brother is Lee--she has a very specific style: short, powerful, no-nonsense.) He has no trouble with it, and his name seems to be well-liked by both young and old, so I think it's completely usable. Although it's not my favorite name, I see it as handsome and manly, not silly or tacky at all.

I'm totally with you on any longer form that could lead to Beau or Bo as a nn. I dislike them all.

I love Beau and I'd use it in a heartbeat if I ever found a middle name combo to settle on! I think its short, strong, grows well from childhood to adulthood, all around winner.

I fell in love with this name when I met a classmate with it in college. No idea whether it was his full name or not, but it always seemed just fine on its own. Very wearable and, as holbs says, ages well.