Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Axel

I just looked it up on behindthename.com to compare and apparently it is at 132, I guess this is a name I never paid attention to since I wouldn't have expected to see it used here lol.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

I just looked it up and there were 3026 baby boys born in 2011 named Axel in the U.S. Will Ferrell has a son named Axel, and so do Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It does seem to have been getting steadily more popular lately.

It seems like an obvious alternative to Alex or Alexander, so I imagine that's probably contributed to its popularity.

My son's middle name is Axel, after his great grandfather (and great great grandfather). However, we are of Scandinavian descent and are currently living in Scandinavia so it is not an uncommon name in our circles.
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

I personally don't know any Axels but I was considering the name Axel for my son (it has since dropped off). I think it is a great name so I'm not very surprised it is so popular.

I don't know any. Just goes to show a "top 200" name isn't necessarily one you hear a lot.