Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Permanent Changes to Body Due to Pregnancy

I keep hearing horror stories about being pregnant and the changes that happen to the body and am wondering if it's worth it.

Other options for us are adoption and possibly surogacy, but that's really expensive. My fiance' really wants one of "our own" and I am on the fence.

I love my body the way it is and fear it'll change. So I was wondering what does change permanently? Personal experience is what I'm looking for, I've read plenty of things online, but I want the truth from real women.

Thanks!
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I think it depends on your body type, genetics, and skin type. The only thing different now on my body is a few stretch marks near my bellybutton and on my thighs, and my boobs are slightly larger (which isn't a bad thing!) But my good friend, who is much smaller than me, She's 5'1 and only 110 pounds or so has stretch marks on literally every square inch of her body and she always complains about the skin on her stomach being "flappy." I also have a friend who has trouble holding her pee now, but she had a pretty traumatic delivery. I had a C-section though, so I cannot speak for women that have vaginal births. I hear more pelvic/bladder problems arise when giving birth vaginally.

I think if you are really worried about it, talk to the women in your family who have had babies (especially your Mom). Their problems could possibly be yours.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    I think it depends on your body type, genetics, and skin type. The only thing different now on my body is a few stretch marks near my bellybutton and on my thighs, and my boobs are slightly larger (which isn't a bad thing!) But my good friend, who is much smaller than me, She's 5'1 and only 110 pounds or so has stretch marks on literally every square inch of her body and she always complains about the skin on her stomach being "flappy." I also have a friend who has trouble holding her pee now, but she had a pretty traumatic delivery. I had a C-section though, so I cannot speak for women that have vaginal births. I hear more pelvic/bladder problems arise when giving birth vaginally.

I think if you are really worried about it, talk to the women in your family who have had babies (especially your Mom). Their problems could possibly be yours.
    Thanks, I'm not close with my mom and do not want to discuss babies with her, same with the rest of my family.

I am 5'2" so I know I have to worry about stretch marks since shorter/smaller people tend to have that problem... I also don't want my boobs to get larger, a lot of women say it's not a bad thing, but I'm already a C and I think that's big at times..... so I was hoping they would go back to normal. I don't plan to breast feed either since that leads to saggy boobs.... but again this is just what I read online, so I just want to hear what other women have experienced before making a final decision.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I know that sometimes your hips actually widen and there can be changes with your breasts (I've known some people who were more endowed after having their kids, some less and some the same). Also, your shoe size can increase with each pregnancy. I agree with the previous poster that you should ask the women in your family and see what, if any, changes their bodies went through post pregnancy.

Also, how old are you? When I was younger (early to mid-twenties) even though I knew I wanted kids eventually, the thought of pregnancy did not appeal. Once I got into my late twenties though, all those reasons why I was apprehensive about pregnancy/labor (body changes, labor pains, etc) totally went out the window. They just didn't really matter anymore and now that I am pregnant, I'm really enjoying it. So I guess what I'm trying to say here is if you're some years off from having children (which I'm assuming you are since your signature says you're engaged), I wouldn't worry too much about the effects of pregnancy on your body. When it comes to the time that you're actually having a baby, your views/concerns might have changed.

My girls spent months and months growing, and certainly it has had an effect on my body. As far as I can tell 9 months since their birth all that has changed on my body is my torso section, chest and tummy area. All my advice stems from having twins... if anyone needs real advice on carrying and raising twins, message me!
    Momma to Delightful Identical Twin Girls
    Vivian & Kirsten

Expecting another Little Love November 2013