Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Iuliana

Iuliana

I read some medieval rolls, in which Iuliana was listed, I dug it out from the early 13th Century England roll. According to Nameberry, this is the Romanian version of the latin Julia. Iuliana has become a guilty pleasure of mine, I might even like it. It sounds exactly as its meaning, „youthful". What do you berries make of Iuliana?
    Pandora, Tillie, Echo, Flora, Eira, Vienna, Rosalind

Yul-lee-on-ah? I think it's nice. I thought it was Luliana which I like less because it's harder for me to pronounce without getting tongue tied.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Marcel * Ambrose Galahad* Gabriel Beauregard
    Little Lady: Josephine Adele * Lena Josephine* Lorelei Nicole* Fleur Josephine

I read it as Luliana. Not bad, not good either. Kinda mishy-mashy for me.
    A writer and a student. Just another berry, probably under-ripe.

(\__/)
    ( o.o ) Helping Bunny to world dominance.
    ( >< )

I like it. I don't generally like the "I" instead of "J" names, or the "Y" instead of "I" names, but I met the cutest little girl named Clara Iuli@n0 last summer, and she was just so adorable. So Iuliana reminds me of her, I like it. It does feel a bit GPish, though.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George