Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What's Your Opinion On...Your Own Name?

So I'm sure everyone of us on Nameberry is a name nerd or something! So what's your honest opinion on your own name?

My Name Is Chloe Louise:
    I love my name a lot and I would never change it in a million years! I love Chloe is so pretty and feminine. When I was born in 1999 Chloe was at #1 and stayed that way up until 2001. Chloe was the most popular name in England and Wales during the late 1990's it was #1 from 1998 till 2003 (I'm from the UK and have lived here my whole life) and I really love Chloe and I think it suits me really well. Chloe is a Greek name and it's meaning is "Young Green Shoot" and I really love the meaning of my first name I think it's really cool.

I was not always going to be named Chloe though my parents had another two names on top of that but when they were taken they used Chloe. And I'm so glad they did.

My middle name is Louise and I love that too! When I was born in 1999 Louise was number #65 so it made it to the top 100 but Louise was not hugely popular and is not really today and that's what I love about it. In 1999 Louise was number #65. Back in 1998 Louise was number #49 so in the space of one year Louise had already become less popular and in 2000 Louise had gone down to number #80. Then in 2001 it was number #82 then in 2002 it was number #60 and then again in 2003 it was number #70. So as you can tell Louise moved around a lot. Louise is a French and English name and it's meaning is "Renowned Warrior" and I love that about the name too. Before my middle name was thought of my parents were getting moaned by other family members saying "Chloe needs a middle name!" and almost right from birth my nickname was Chloe Lou is then my mum just shouted out "Louise how about Louise as her middle name?" and of course my dad just agreed with it and the rest of the family loved the idea too.

A little while after Louise had become my middle name my Nana was out at this old castle and she had to write her name down on a piece of and the man said to my Nana "What does the S stand for?" and my Nana replied with "It's my middle name, Sinclair" and this man took her aside and said "I think you better come with me!" so her took her down to this old part of the castle and they went down some steps and he said "Look" and my Nana looked and saw all these coffins and said "These are my ancestors" and sure enough the name Louise was a family name that had been used for our Scottish ancestors as my ancestors were all the followers of William The Conqueror. As I, myself am a quarter Scottish.

What's your story???
    River Jeffrey ~ Corey Dean ~ Phoenix Brogan ~ Indiana Jace ~ Macaulay Miles ~
    Albert Franklin ~ David Cole ~ Trevor Cole ~ Walter Cole ~ Lucas Iain ~
    Emerson Paul ~ Henry Evan ~ Theodore Edgar ~ Elijah Mark ~ Shane Atticus ~
    Rio Nikita.

Heather Michele ~ Haley Joelle ~ Vada Margaret ~ Shannen Moira ~ Constance Quinn ~
    Dakota Lesley ~ Ashley June ~ Helen Arlene ~ Regan Linda ~ Mindy Linnea ~
    Mallory Beatrice ~ Summer Joy ~ Liberty April ~ Eden Fay ~ Tammy Lynn ~
    Michelle Elizabeth.

My name is Felicity Jane.

I like...
    - That whenever I say my name, when I meet someone for the first time, I always get compliments about what a pretty name it is.
    - I very rarely have to spell my name to anyone (except at Starbucks when my coffee cup can often say Phelicity, Filisity or something equally as strange).
    - My nicknames. My family call me Fliss (and one grandfather that called me Flossy) and most friends called me Flick.
    - The flow. I think Felicity Jane rolls off the tongue nicely.
    - I never got teased because of my name.
    - That I never met anyone called Felicity in real life until recently - and I'm 32!!

I dislike...
    Almost nothing - except my one gripe is that my name didn't mean anything to my parents, or honour anyone in my family, it was just a name that they liked. It's a small thing, but sometimes I wish at least my middle name had a bit of a family connection or something.

My name is Erin Nicole. I don't really have any strong feelings about it; in fact, I've never really met anyone who had much opinion, positive or negative, about their own names. People sometimes tell me it's pretty. Sometimes I wish I could get a decent nickname out of it, but it's pretty short anyway.

My name is Angelica Elizabeth Christine nn Angel
    I love it. I really do, I always loved the flow of it, always felt pretty and delicate but powerful like it belonged to a princess.
    I love the two middle names, great conversational starter.
    I love that the inspiration to call me Angel/Angelica had come from my grandpa who on his death bed told my mom that any child she ever had, boy or girl- would always be his little Angel.
    I love that I've only met a rare few named Angelica/Angel.

Only problem I ever had with it is that Angel is such a popular boys name in the Hispanic communities. Also, people try pronouncing as -leeka instead of -licka

Quote Originally Posted by bootsie View Post
    My name is Erin Nicole. I don't really have any strong feelings about it; in fact, I've never really met anyone who had much opinion, positive or negative, about their own names. People sometimes tell me it's pretty. Sometimes I wish I could get a decent nickname out of it, but it's pretty short anyway.
    Holy crap! We have the same name! Haha. I like my name. No real story behind my name except my mom heard it on t.v and loved it (I think that's what happened. lol). I was originally going to be Ashley Elaine if I was girl, but my mom changed it to Erin Nicole when she was about 8 months pregnant (my gender was unknown til I was born). I know a TON of Ashley's, so I am SO glad they changed it. My only complaint about my first name is I got called "he" a lot in high school and people butcher the spelling even though it's short. lol
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 23 years old and I have been a proud name nerd since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Elaine, Madeleine ?, Marie Anneliese, Linnea Carys, Stella Vivienne, Emilia Noelle, Clara Felicity, Violet Elizabeth, Lydia Violet, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Hope

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Judah, Evan ? Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude