Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Question...

Question...

Why do people like double barreled names?why do people like two middle names?

I'm not judging just curious because I genuinely don't know.

How much is too much?
    A name fan from the US.

Ladies We Love

Always adding...

Gentlemen We Love

Always looking...

Inspiration from the Ancients,
    Lucretia, Ione, Ithaca, Octavia, Briseis

Inspiration from the bloodlines,
    Rafferty, Aione, Inali, Cullen, Ronin

Inspiration from the Hollywood Glamour Age
    Rita, Gilda, Greta

I like two middles because honestly, there are so many names I love and I won't refuse a chance to use more. Three middles seem too much though. I guess overall it depends on the flow.
    Luneth. INFJ | name nerd
    view my permanent list

current top 5:
    Seraphina Juliette Audrey | Isabelle Rowena Clare | Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Evangeline Laetitia Odette | Aurelia Madelief Estelle
    Peregrine Lysander James | Magnus Orion Frey | Edmund Frederic Altair
    Gavriel Alexander Callum | Leon Augustus Gibran

latest additions:
    Lyra Felicity Aster | Liliane Victoria Arwen

Well it all started when I liked the name Indigo-Mae Juliet and my mother said that I would have to give all my children 3 names so I dis and I felt like the sound was better fast forward 12 years and my partner has another child with a hypenated (double-barrelled) first name. I don't want my children to be different but I dislike have a hyphen in a name so we opted for 2 middles. I feel like I need a one syllable name in the combo.
    Vote on my name list
    Alpha Names
    Girls
    Elowen Briar. Arabella Callisto. Callaia Bronte. Arden Mireille. Lydia Océane.
    Reina Cerulean. Elisabeth Juno. Isla Marigold.

Boys
    Bodhi Lucian. Wyatt Sebastian. Miles Finnian. Reuben Orlando. Lewis Dalton.
    Kian Marius/Tiberius. Ezekiel Nolan.

Working On:
    Sunniva, River, Marisol || Dexter/Declan, Lachlan, Cormac, Wesley

More combos...

As @luneth said, I also have loads of names I love that I want to use, and often there's someone (real or fictional) I want to honour, and sometimes I feel I need another name to bridge the gap, if the first is really different in style or the flow isn't great. I don't want loads of kids (though I know I do want them), so it'd be impossible to get the names I wanted with just 1 middle. Plus I have a lot of names (technically a middle and a double barrelled surname, but it's similar) and I love it, because of the meaning behind them. I also wouldn't give my children different numbers of middles, heck I struggle with sibsets with a different number of letters in the firsts! The general consensus seems to be 2 is okay (or somewhat acceptable) but 3 or more is excessive and can break up flow, so I settled for 2.

In terms of double barrelled names, I think it's a bit complicated. I only have one on my list (Luna-Fae), and part of me thinks it makes sense just to have Fae as a middle, but on the other hand if I separate it, it's not one name anymore and is a bit disjointed. I also tend to dislike one syllable names in the middle of combos (depending on surname). And middles get a big confusing, but in general I don't mind double barrelled firsts, although I prefer them to be different and well thought through.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (18) | Future mummy 😏
    Dreaming of...
    ○ Demelza • Beatrix • Marigold • Artemis • Eviette • Tallulah • Lavender • Annabeth • Thessaly • Lyra • Clio ○
    Caspian Sherlock Walter ○ Pandora Valencia Fae
    ○ Ptolemy Lysander Albert | Horatio Phoenix Arthur | Nikolai Emrys Altair | Artemus Dorian Hugo ○
    Mister Men Combos Little Misses Combos
    ○ "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end." ○