Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemma or Aria?

Smile Gemma or Aria?

Which name and why?

Gemma It's a cute, similar, less popular name to Emma, and the nickname Gem is just gorgeous! She could go by Emma, if she wanted.

I don't even know how to pronounce Aria. ARE-ee-a? A-REE-a? A-RYE-a? It's less cute, and too frilly in my opinion.

Gemma is perfect <3
    My Favorites
    Girls
    Annabelle Rose · Charlotte May/Grace · Madeleine Grace
    Boys
    Ethan James · Alexander James/Michael · Matthew David
    Others
    Adelaide · Lily · Laurel · Evelyn/Evelina · Cassia · Anastasia · Isabelle · Rhiannon · Eleanor · Genevieve · Willow · Jason · Aidan · Riley · Jonathan · Oliver · Christopher

I've seen/heard a lot more Aria's and versions of Aria then I have Gemma. So Gemma has my vote. Gemma has the lovely but popular Emma, but with a twist that makes it different enough that it's not just anther Emma. And it has the pet name Gem which is super cute too.

I prefer Aria. I like the musical connection, and I think it has a nicer sound. Despite being more popular (although I know 1 Gemma and 0 Arias), I think it's almost more whimsical and interesting than Gemma. But I am a bit concerned about the combined popularity with Arya.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow

I like Aria because of the music connection. I know it is a name that is rapidly rising on the charts and has that character on Pretty Little Liars, but I have personally never met one.
    Gemma is nice, but not really my style. I knew a Gemma, she was the twin sister of an aquantance of mine named Lilian.
    Expecting a beautiful baby boy September 23!
    Griffin
    ~~~~~~
    Favorite girls names: Mirabelle Irene, Aurora Faye, Seraphina ????, Cordelia Louise, Serena Lux, Rosamund Fable, Phoenix Elowen, Calliope Isobel