Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Teen Mom

Hi, Kate.

I'm 15, too (almost 16), but am not planning on having kids for a while. But, if you need to talk to a teen, I am here for you, you can PM me anytime. I also work with kids at church, so I can help you with name popularity questions, etc.

Don't let people judge you. You are only human, everybody makes mistakes, including those people.

Again, I'm here for you during this time in your life.
    Last edited by caramichelle; August 15th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    No Children Yet, But Currently Love:
    Anneliese | Jessamine | Genevieve | Emmeline | Matthias | Thaddeus | Ephraim | Gideon
    Arietta | Maren | Frances | Christian | Shepherd | Jameson

First off I wish you all the luck in the world, and I will keep you in my prayers. I just turned fifteen as well, and trust me when I say I have a *lot* of experience with babies! I'm the oldest of well over twenty cousins ages 13 to just 6 weeks (BIG family, I know!). So know you can always turn to me for advice from a peer if you need to.

That being said, I would really love to help you throughout this pregnancy (being so close in age and all), be it with names or just general advice. I'll leave a comment or something on your profile! (:

I agree with the 2 above girls, I'm 17 and work with babies. In addition a friend just had a baby in May and I am close with 2 NICU nurses. Feel free to talk to me
    Current Favorites (no order):
    Girls- Nora Holiday, Leonora Eveline, Nora Scotland "Scottie", Charlotte Lane, Gerda Iris, Eugenia Iris
    Boys-Nicholas Tucker, Deveraux Lewis "Dev"

Check out my Blog on my upcoming trip to Burkina Faso! http://burkinaadventure.blogspot.com/

Oh my, what a rough situation. To echo what previous posters have said, if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me (I'm 16). Just looking at your list I can tell your baby will have a good name whether it's a boy or a girl. Don't sweat the name right now. Focus on you, finding a good prenatal care provider, and building your support system. Stay strong!
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Kate, here is my advice for you:

Sign up for welfare and food stamps. Right now you need income and food for yourself and the baby.

I also want you to look into the Housing Authority. While you might not be comfortable with living on your own, they may have spots open for single moms (assuming you don't go for adoption).

When you're at these places be sure to mention that you're a teen mom, you may qualify for various programs you don't know about.

You also might want to check out the Department of Mental Health. Call them up, tell them your situation and ask if you might be able to see a councilor. I think having someone else look into this and guide you on what needs to be done would help you a lot.

Contact the head of your church. He/She might be able to also guide you and give you advice or send you to someone who can.

If you decide you don't want to go the adoption route, sign up for WIC. They help with food costs and such for the baby.

Are you still in junior high or are you going to high school? Be sure to check what kind of programs for school are available to you. With all of the physical and emotional stress, assume your grades will drop a bit. You might want to look into home schooling, or even check out GED books.

While your boyfriend sounds like a sweet guy, at the end of the day you're going to be the one most likely taking care of this baby fulltime. Don't be afraid of adoption if you don't think you can do it. You're going to be the one responsible.

I'm 27 and just graduated college. I still live with my mom (it just made much more sense then moving out and taking on various roommates), she had me at 25, but my father was abusive and she spent a good chunk of her pregnancy with me on the couch of a close friend. She went through the process I'm advising you to take. I told her your story so if you're having any problems with this stuff, give me a little jingle. If I don't know the answer, she probably does.