Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Red face Please Help with Middle Names!

Hi! After a long discussion, I think DH and I have finally narrowed down our list for DD#2. DD#1 is Mia Cosette (named for Les Mis). We would love to continue with a literary, Shakespearean, or "unconventional" middle name.

So let us have it! Any and all ideas for middle names for the following first names will be considered! Thank you!

1. Ella

2. Aria

3. Lily

4. Claire

5. Olivia

6. Keira

7. Julia

8. Charlotte

Keira is a name I loved as well and seriously considered using so from my list it was either Keira Rosalie or Keira Josephine.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

If it's a boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad
    If it's a girl: Genevieve Claire or Josephine Adele

Last edited by teacherma; August 14th, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I love so many from your list! Ella, Lily, Olivia, and Charlotte are my favorites. Do you have any favorite literary works? I would love to see Gwendolyn/Gwendolen as a MN for any of them (although Charlotte Gwendolen might be on the long side), for Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, or even Cecily for the same work. Olivia has added appeal for me, since it's already Shakespearean. I like Lily Ophelia or Charlotte Ophelia, as well, although I'm not sure how much I really love the Shakespearean Ophelia. Or Viola? I loved Viola in Twelfth Night, and Lily Viola/Charlotte Viola/Ella Viola are all adorable.

Good luck!

I love your daughter's name! Another Les Miz fan here. I'm considering using Cosette as a middle when I have children and the other two literary names that I really like are Eppie (from Silas Marner) and Dulcinea or Dulcie (from Man of La Mancha).

EDIT:
    I just came back to this post and realized that I hadn't listed any possible combos.
    I really love Olivia Eppie with Mia Cosette! I also love Claire Dulcinea.
    Last edited by sunshine.10; August 16th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.