Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unusual surnames?

I'm writing a story set in the future and need ideas of surnames that are unusual and slightly poetic, if you know what I mean.

So far I have:

Danvers
    Whittaker

It's not much to go on but if you know any similar surnames that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance
    Young writer wishing to start my first novel, hoping I can help others with theirs.

Forrest or Forster
    Hale
    Hopper
    Langley
    Moonves
    Cable or Cabot
    Winslow
    Corrigan
    Thurston
    Olliston
    Haverford
    Haven

Sometimes it's useful to grab a hard copy of the Yellow Pages (there's probably one at the library if you don't have one in the house anymore) and just pore over it for a bit.

I like Forrest, Hale, Corrigan, Haven, Winslow and Cable. Will probably use them.
    Young writer wishing to start my first novel, hoping I can help others with theirs.

I recommend looking through www.surnamedb.com! It's a great resource. You may like Coveney, Tretheway, Tamsett, and Sommerling.

Scharvin
    Trujillo
    Brymer
    Munson
    Rush
    Govain
    Barrios
    First year Uni student; Speech and Language Pathology

Melody, Briar, Arabella, Tempest, Zoey, London, Zara, Peyton, Sadie, Rani, Liora, Jordan, Kallie, Xia, Poet, Wren, Quinn
    Lachlan, Ryan, Oliver, Benjamin, Jai, Claude, Carter, Asher, Rhys, Rian (prn Ree-an), Levi, Leo, Joey, Harper, Damien, Sebastian, Jasper, Jace