Names Searched Right Now:

Middle name help

I am having a difficult time deciding on a middle name, so if you could please share your opinions on these:

Eleanor Violet
    Eleanor Alice
    Eleanor Victoria
    Eleanor Margaret
    Last edited by snow_white; August 10th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Eleanor Alice is my favorite. It has a nice flow and sounds good. Eleanor Violet is my second choice. I like the name Violet a lot so this is probably why it's my second favorite. I have never been a fan of the name Victoria, and Eleanor Margaret is just kind of boring to me.

I like Eleanor Violet best! Eleanor Margaret/Victoria seem to heavy - maybe the extra syllables.

I think Eleanor Violet is my favorite, followed by Eleanor Victoria. I wouldn't say Eleanor Margaret is boring, but you could go with a little more exciting middle name (Violet and Victoria fit that bill). Eleanor Alice is quite nice too, but it's sound seems a little odd to me. Maybe it's the two 'vowel-followed-by-an-L' sounds in the same spot in both names.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
    - Ambrose Redmoon

Proud mama to Gwendolyn Cecilia and Theodore Andrew!

I like the first two. Eleanor Victoria is a lot of name, esp. with the heavy "or" sound in both. Eleanor Margaret seems a bit prim. Eleanor Violet mixes things up a little, combining the stately first with a spunkier middle. And I most prefer Eleanor Alice: it's a tad shorter, Alice is young and a little whimsical, and I like how the vowel at the start of Alice allows Eleanor to flow into the next name better.