Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    i would pronounce everett exactly like everest, minus the S sound. Near where i live Everett is a city. but maybe the city is pronounced differently than the name - either way, i wouldn't worry about the everest association at all.

Everett is my top pick right now!
    My husband also says that it reminds him of Everest. If people make the association, I don't think it's a big deal. If anything, I like the association as it makes me think of words like strong, tall, and daring. I don't think that people are going to mix up the name with Everest -the "s" sound is very pronounced.

Our son's name is Everest (which we LOVE) and people will frequently call him Everett bc it is more common.

I don't think you will have a problem with Everest and Everett. You could give him a nickname if you wanted to minimize the confusion.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

I don't think it's much of a problem. I think people generally think of the name and the mountain as two separate things. I myself have never thought of the connection until you mentioned it! I just think It's a nice boys name

Good luck!!
    XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine