Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I agree with Ashley in that I prefer Eliza as a stand alone name rather than as nickname for Elizabeth. I think it's the "i" change from short to long. Bess can't stand on it's own though. I'm currently enchanted by the full name of Elizabeth so I vote to go with that one and call her Bess/Bessie.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

I would go with Elizabeth because you like both. From what you've described, I could see Elizabeth as her full name, Eliza as the nickname that most people use for her, and Bess/Bessie as a cute nickname that family members use.
    I don't have or want any kids. I just love names!

Top 10: Andrea, Chelsea, Tara, Brooke, Alexandra, Nathaniel, Cody, Grant, Alexander, Graham

I also love Russian and Irish names, as well as the names of many cities and countries.

I agree with pp; if you like both nns, Elizabeth would be your best bet! I love Elizabeth/Elisabeth.

You could also make your choice based on what sounds best with your last name and the middle name(s) you liked to use. So if you'd like to use a middle name that ends in "a" Eliza would not be the best choice. Or if you have a long middle name or two middle names you'd like to use then perhaps Eliza is the best pick for her first name. Similarly if you last name is quite long than Eliza might work best.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline