Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Claras out there?

I am considering the name Clara for my 2nd daughter, due to arrive by the 30th. I am just concerned that she will be lumped in with all the Clare/Claires out there. I love the name Claire, I just hear it WAY too much, I personally know many many Claires young and old, and especially little girls, ages 5 and under. So I also adore Clara and how it has more of a vintage feel to it, and I love the -a ending to it.

So I just wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with the name Clara?

Because my first daughter's name is Evangeline, we call her Evie, and it absolutely drives me NUTS when people make comments that they can never remember her name b/c of all the little Ava and Evas out there right now.

Thanks for any input!

(Also considering Fiona, Beatrice, Hazel)

I know a baby Clara & a baby Cara, but all of the Claires I know (quite a few!) Are a bit older.
    I've also met 3 baby Fionas in the past month or so!
    I almost used Beatrice 6 months ago when I had my baby!
    Out of your list I am most partial to Beatrice, but Clara is very sweet. I like it much more ttthan Claire. I doubt anyone would confuse them!

Really 3 baby Fionas??? Wow I had no idea it was thaat popular! I definitely thought Clara and Beatrice were more popular for babies right now...
    thanks for your input!

The funny thing is they are from all over- Brooklyn, North NJ & one I met at the Jersey shore so I don't know where they were from! Maybe a tri-stare area thing? All of them were adorable with really hip parents. My daughter is named Leonie which has a similar sound so I ended up talking names with all three moms! I think it's really soft & pretty.

I know one Clara who is about six. No one has problems with her name. From your list I love Hazel, charming.