Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with baby #4's name? So confused...

Hi! We recently found out that baby #4 is going to be another girl and we have been debating name ideas for her, but to be honest we are really lost. Our other three kids are all named for something:
    Siri Austen- She has a very unique first name (this was before the whole iPhone thing) with a literary middle (as in Jane Austen)

Pollock Cole- He was named after Jackson Pollock because I'm an artist and he was also born on the day that Jackson Pollock passed away. His middle name is Cole after a family member.

Mercer Grace- She was named after the city in which she was conceived (Mercer Street in NYC) and her grandmother's first name is Grace.

The problem now is that we don't know what we want to name her after, what we do know is that we want her name to be just as unique and special as her siblings. Her daddy is a photographer so we've looked into famous photographer's names, we're both big readers so we love literary names, I have French roots so we've looked at French names, we travel a lot so we've looked at place names and foreign names, and well... we've really just confused ourselves.

At this point, we're just trying to get a list started, so we're pretty open as to what names we're putting on it. So, do you have any unique and cute name ideas that we might be able to use?

How about Cosette? (It's cute, it's French, and it's got a great literary connection!)

Miette is another lovely French name. Are there any other family names you might want to include or use some variation of them?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine.10 View Post
    How about Cosette? (It's cute, it's French, and it's got a great literary connection!)

Miette is another lovely French name. Are there any other family names you might want to include or use some variation of them?
    I like Cosette, but DH doesn't. Her other grandma is Ashley, her grandpas are Noah and Jordan, none of which we really want to use because well... none of them are unique at all. Although we do like Noe (pronounced No-E) quite a bit, Noe and Siri just don't work for us.

Oh, okay, that's too bad about Cosette. Would you consider Meadow as a way to honor Ashley? Noe is pretty, but I see what you mean about it matching too much with Siri. What about Noemi? I feel like it works better because of the syllabic difference.

Anais (or Anaïs)
    Ines
    Lilou
    Nola
    Cleo
    Estee
    Sabine
    Lou
    Elidi
    Ottilie
    Tamar
    Ansel (as in Ansel Adams. He's male, but I think this could work on a girl.)
    Varya (or Vanya)
    Tessan
    Delphi
    Saskia