Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I would use Casey as a nickname if you're concerned about it, but I like Cassie.

Also, you could use Sandra or Sandi.

Most people wouldn't be cruel enough to call her that. If you don't like Cassie then there's Sandy, Sandra, Andy, Andra and so on that also work well as nicknames.

Smile

My name is Cassie, it's not short for Cassandra, simply Cassie on my birth certificate... I personally can't stand the name Cassandra, however I'm constantly being asked if it is short for Cassandra.

To answer your question about nicknames, I never had anyone call me Assie or Ass... the most people would come up with is Cassie Wassie, which was harmless and I never felt teased by it, if anything I found it to be an endearing nickname because it was only people I cared about who used to call me that whenever we were being playful (it was only when I was young too)! People closest to me call me Cass though, and only my parents and people who just meet me tend to call me Cassie. I love my name and I love even more that I didn't have a million Cassie's or Cassandra's being called Cassie in school growing up. To this day I've only met 2 other Cassie's, one like me is only named Cassie & the other insists on being called Cassie, not Cassandra.

I think it's safe to say that your child would never get teased for their name, because no-one ever found one insulting enough for me or the two other girls I know. They agree they get called Cass & received their endearing playing name of Cassie Wassie, which was never seen as anything more than a loving playful nickname only said during those playful moments... one even uses "CassieWassie" for her Pinterest page... so you're safe with this name.

As for Sandy/Sandra... I've never met or known a Cassandra or Cassie who received these nicknames... so I highly doubt they would become a nickname unless you called her that yourself and introduced her that way to others. I would say that if this is the name you choose, your child will decide on the name she likes best... my parents didn't like Cassandra, preferred Cassie & when I was young, they used to correct people if they called me either Cassandra or Cass... now, I've had to tell my parents that I love being called Cass, to me it's an affectionate name and I LOVE it, as I love my name Cassie!

I will say though, that being Australian, we are known for our nicknames and slang and I had so many close friends come up with crazy different nicknames that I didn't mind either... for example: Cassaroo, Cassaroony, Casserole, Cassio etc... These all made me laugh though and I never had an issue answering to them. Call me Cassandra though, and I'll flat out ignore you! lol - also just to clarify, my membership name says Cashaz, but that is only because my middle name is Sharon!
    Last edited by cashaz85; June 5th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

I don't think you really need to be concerned about it. But, you don't have to call her Cassie. Sandy or Andi would also work.

Hi my name is Cassandra! I used to go by Cassie or Cass in high school, but now I go by Cassandra again. I did get a little of the assie, but hardly ever. Just really immature boys. I think it's been a good experience overall, but I never felt Cassie was a good name for me.