Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Semi-Back to the Drawing Board

Okay, so, about halfway through each pregnancy, we think we have names picked out, and then we try living with our choices for a little bit, and wind up throwing one or more out after all (I guess we avoid some name regret that way). It's that time, so we need some help narrowing down and filling in the blanks:

_____ Gabriel
    Marianne _____

Boys in our family use their middle names for everyday. Marianne would be nn Polly. Here's what we have:

Adrian
    Damian
    Dillon
    Elliott
    Lucas
    Nolan
    Owen
    Sebastian

Alexandra
    Cassandra
    Cecilia
    Emma
    Nathalie
    Sofia
    Victoria

Berries, rate our names and help us out please!
    Last edited by rook476; July 27th, 2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Did a grandmother consultation, knocked off a couple of boys' names and added Adrian.
    Team roster so far:

Sara Lorraine
    Catherine Evelyn
    William Matthias

I'm curious, how did you get Polly from Marianne?

My favourites:
    Isaac Gabriel
    Marianne Victoria
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion

My husband thought Polly was too insubstantial for a full name, so we went hunting for a name for the birth certificate. I knew Polly was a nickname for Mary, and we had previously liked Marianne, so we thought it would work...
    Team roster so far:

Sara Lorraine
    Catherine Evelyn
    William Matthias

I like the following combos for you for a boy:

Charles Gabriel
    Lucas Gabriel
    Nolan Gabriel
    Owen Gabriel

Some of the others sounds too modern/trendy with the names you already have.

For a girl I think Marianne Ruth has the best flow. But the others all work.

So for everyday names you already have Sara, Catherine (does Catherine have a nn?), Matthias (does he go by that in full?)? And then you'd add Polly or Gabriel (Gabe?) to the mix?

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by flowermae View Post
    I like the following combos for you for a boy:

Charles Gabriel
    Lucas Gabriel
    Nolan Gabriel
    Owen Gabriel

Some of the others sounds too modern/trendy with the names you already have.

For a girl I think Marianne Ruth has the best flow. But the others all work.

So for everyday names you already have Sara, Catherine (does Catherine have a nn?), Matthias (does he go by that in full?)? And then you'd add Polly or Gabriel (Gabe?) to the mix?

Good luck!
    Thanks! Boys are hard. Based on your suggestions about style, I crossed off Blake and added Adrian, which we had considered, but I'm liking it more and more. I also crossed off Charles, after an obstinate grandmother insisted that she WOULD call him Chuck; we didn't like it enough to battle over. And Elliott is the product of DH wanting a something longer than my suggested Eli that was not super Old Testament.

In answer to your other question, our "call names" are Sara, Kit, and Matthias. Never Matt, originally because my sister has a Matthew, although he wound up being Pat anyway. So yes, we are adding Polly or Gabe to those
    Team roster so far:

Sara Lorraine
    Catherine Evelyn
    William Matthias