Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question The ultimate baby name tag

Amelia EverythingBabyNames recently created a tag video on YouTube called 'The Ultimate Baby Name Tag'. I thought it would be fun to post the questions and get people to share their answers here.

To make it easy for everyone to read, please post your answers only.

Questions:

1. What is your own name and do you like it?

2. If you have children, what are their names and how did you come up with them?

3. If you had a baby boy right now what would you name him?

4. If you had a baby girl right now what would you name her?

5. What would you name boy/boy twins, boy/girl twins and girl/girl twins?

6. What would you name your ideal number of children using all names that start with the same letter (or one letter for girls and another for boys)

7. What would you name a boy and a girl using only names from your family tree (or the names of close friends and loved ones)

8. Create a name for your child (You can choose the gender or do one name for each gender) using a) a combination of your name and your significant other's name or b) a combination of your parent's names

9. You enter a witness protection program and must choose a completely new name for yourself. What name do you choose and is their any special significance as to why you choose it?

10. If you could create one rule parents had to follow when naming their children, what would it be and why?

11. Name a boy and a girl using only nature and place names.

12. Name a boy and a girl using your own first and middle initials. If you don't have a middle name, select an initial of your choosing.

13. Name a boy and girl using names from the most recent data of top 100 baby names in the US, linked here: https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

14. Name a boy and a girl using names from the most recent data of top 100 baby names in the UK, linked here (the top 1000 is linked, use only the top 100): http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog...ales-2015.html

15. Name a boy and a girl using names from your favourite TV shows and movies.

16. Name a boy and a girl using names of characters from books and literature

17. Name a boy and a girl using rare letters, QXY and Z.

18. Name a boy and a girl using names that, for whatever reason, you would never use in real life.

19. If you could rename a celebrity baby (or celebrity baby sibset), which one would you pick and what would you rename them? Alternative: choose the name of a friend or a friend’s baby that you don’t like or whose name you feel doesn’t suit them and rename them instead.

20. Any last names? Do you have any names that you didn’t get to mention in this video that you have been liking recently, heard recently, or were reminded of during this [video] that you didn’t get a chance to mention? If not, what’s the coolest name or the worst name you’ve heard recently?
    Last edited by minxtruck; November 7th, 2016 at 07:09 PM.
    current favourite:
    Jameson

proud aunt to:
    Isabelle Anne (b. 06/06/2015)

1. My name is Felicity Jane. I had mixed feelings about my name growing up and often wished for a name that wasn’t so formal and girly. However, I always appreciated the fact that I was the only Felicity in my class and I loved my family’s nickname for me (Fliss) and my friends’ nickname for me (Flick). I thought Jane was a little boring in the middle, particularly as there was no special meaning or story behind it. However, I couldn’t think of a more perfect middle name for Felicity now. I love my name now and I wouldn’t change it for anything.

2. I don’t have children.

3. Otis Alexander

4. Esme Olivia

B/B - Otis Alexander and Ezra Theodore
    G/B - Esme Olivia and Otis Alexander
    G/G - Esme Olivia and Iris Amelia

6. My ideal number of children is… 2. Girls: Valentina and Vivienne. Boys: Theodore and Tobias.

7. Palmer Elizabeth (g) / Tovey William (b)

8. Jolie (John + Julie)

9. I would choose the name Lisa Marie Juliff. My mum was an Elvis Presley fan and wanted to call me Lisa Marie. Dad exercised his veto and voila, I was named Felicity instead. Juliff is what my real surname should be. When a family member was investigating our ancestry, we discovered that my great-grandfather is not my real great-grandfather and our surname should be Juliff.

10. They have to order Starbucks every day for a week and tell the barista behind the counter that their name is whatever they are considering for their child. If they’re not embarrassed, or frustrated by spelling/pronunciation issues by the end of the week, then by all means go ahead and use the name.

11. Alba Violet (Alba is the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland) and Memphis Birch

12. Flora June. It’s the name of one of Design Mom’s children and it always seems to me to be the perfect vintage girls name. Also, June was my grandmother’s middle name, and many members of my family, including her, were born in the month of June.

Felix Jeremiah. Felix because it has the same meaning as Felicity (happy). And Jeremiah because it would honour his father, Jeremy.

13. Nora Vivian (g) / Ezra Julian (b)

14. Poppy Imogen (g) / Alfie Elliott (b)

15. Esme Eleven (Esme from the Twilight movies, and Eleven from the Netflix series Stranger Things) and Ezra Emmett (Ezra from Pretty Little Liars and Emmett from the Twilight movies)

16. Daisy Bennet (Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby, and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice) and Edmund Sawyer (Edmund from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Tom Sawyer from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer)

17. Zooey Yolanda (g) / Quin Xavier (b)

18. Bellamy Rose. My niece’s name is Isabelle and Bellamy is just too similar to Isabelle for me to use it now. I can just imagine my parents saying they had two grand-daughters called Bellamy and Isabelle and it makes me cringe. Rose was my grandmother’s name and I would love to use it in the middle, but Rose is so overdone in the middle I just couldn’t bring myself to use it.

Kingsley James. Kingsley after my OHs grandfather, Frederick Kingsley, and James after my brother, Nicholas James. I can’t imagine using Kingsley because of the Harry Potter connection and it’s similarity to girls names like Kinsey/Kinsley. And as much as I love James, I just find it a little ho-hum in the middle spot. It’s the boys equivalent of Grace and Rose (or Louise and Marie when I was growing up).

19. I would rename Reign Aston Disick, because it was such a disappointing choice after Kourtney named her first children Mason Dash and Penelope Scotland. I would make a small change by moving Aston to the first name spot and changing it to the up-and-coming name Asher. And I would change the spelling of Reign to Rain. Therefore, Reign Aston Disick would become Asher Rain Disick.

20. The worst name I’ve heard recently is Essex.
    current favourite:
    Jameson

proud aunt to:
    Isabelle Anne (b. 06/06/2015)

1. What is your own name and do you like it? My name is Maddison Joyce. My first name I'm okay with. I'm not in love with it but it is good. And my middle name was my grandmothers name.

2. I don't have any kids and won't anytime soon.

3. If you had a baby boy right now what would you name him? Miller Jude. I just think it sounds really sweet but it would age well. My other top choices would be Chester Levi , Marshall Wilder and Darwin Brooks

4. If you had a baby girl right now what would you name her? Sterling Gabriella Ivy. I just think it's really pretty , flows well and maybe I'm the only one but I think Sterling is a pretty name. My other top choices would be Cypress Eliana , Denver Adeline , Reba Sophie and Fallon Charlotte.

5. What would you name boy/boy twins, boy/girl twins and girl/girl twins? ooh this is a toughie. For boy/boy I'd say Miller Jude and Crosby Pine , for boy/girl I'd say Orion Parker and Avalon Maree and for girl/girl I'd say Denver Adeline and Sullivan Emery.

6. What would you name your ideal number of children using all names that start with the same letter (or one letter for girls and another for boys) Well I ideally (now at least I'm miles off kids) want 4 so -

Cypress Eliana
    Chandler Noelle

Marshall Wilder
    Miller Jude

7. What would you name a boy and a girl using only names from your family tree (or the names of close friends and loved ones) For a boy I'd name him Harold Roy and a girl Joanne Ruth

8. Create a name for your child (You can choose the gender or do one name for each gender) using a) a combination of your name and your significant other's name or b) a combination of your parent's names
    Dan or Javid haha.

9. You enter a witness protection program and must choose a completely new name for yourself. What name do you choose and is their any special significance as to why you choose it? Holly Joy . Holly I just think is a really pretty name that would suit me and I don't think I could stray that far from middle name.

10. If you could create one rule parents had to follow when naming their children, what would it be and why?
    Your not allowed to name kids directly after a living family member or yourself in the first name spot. There are so many pretty names out there it's lazy and seems no matter how much that name means to you narcissistic.
    11. Name a boy and a girl using only nature and place names. This is easy for me Denver Storm and London Poppy

12. Name a boy and a girl using your own first and middle initials. If you don't have a middle name, select an initial of your choosing. Miller Jude or Mabel Juniper

13. Name a boy and girl using names from the most recent data of top 100 baby names in the US, linked here:
    Colton Noah and Sadie Harper.

14. Name a boy and a girl using names from the most recent data of top 100 baby names in the UK, linked here (the top 1000 is linked, use only the top 100): Harrison Elijah and Daisy Alice

15. Name a boy and a girl using names from your favourite TV shows and movies. -
    Alyssa Jade and Kenny Oliver

16. Name a boy and a girl using names of characters from books and literature -
    Bennett David and Darcy Rhonda.

17. Name a boy and a girl using rare letters, QXY and Z. I'm guessing on the first letter has to start with those letters. Yasmina Zoey and Xavier Quinn

18. Name a boy and a girl using names that, for whatever reason, you would never use in real life.
    Persephone Elizabeth and Alfred Theodore. I don't like long names or mythology names.

19. If you could rename a celebrity baby (or celebrity baby sibset), which one would you pick and what would you rename them? Alternative: choose the name of a friend or a friend’s baby that you don’t like or whose name you feel doesn’t suit them and rename them instead. I would rename the Johnson Fam girls (vloggers on youtube) For Olivia (the eldest) I'd name her Lyra Alice and for Peyton (the youngest) I'd name her one of my combos London Caroline. Whilst London and Lyra are two different styles I think they would suit their personalities better.

➳Opal Emery➳Shiloh Merry➳Fern Clara Maree➳Ethel Ivy➳Pearl Gabrielle➳
    ➳Haven Caroline➳Clementine Lucille➳Sylvie Harper➳Juno Maia Rose➳

➳Hope Emmeline➳Indigo Alice➳Lumen Sadie➳Arwen Lily➳Sterling Eliana➳
    ➳Cypress Elena➳Aspen Elaina Katherine➳Hattie Noelle➳Flora Everly➳River Stella Rae➳

➳Delta Rosalie➳Coral Beatrice➳Dorothy Georgia➳Carden Holly➳
    ➳Magnolia Helen Rae➳Reed Arabella➳Zelda Waverly➳Mallory Lilac➳Sullivan
    Charlotte➳Palmer Grace➳Denver Adeline➳Carlin Elsie➳Brighton Brooke➳

Ooh, this looks fun! Thanks for sharing.

1. My name is Ebony Eden. I don't particularly like it, but I don't hate it anymore. I prefer Eden to Ebony.

2. I don't have any children yet.

3. Edmund Hartley Fox

4. Antigone Florence Irene

5. Edmund Hartley Fox and Henry Poseidon Arthur
    Cordelia Sansa Eleanor and Guinevere Isadora Lottie
    Antigone "Annie" Florence Irene and Edmund Hartley Fox

6. Antigone, Ailbhe, Andromeda, Amarantha, and Agnes.
    Arthur, Amias, Alexander, Arlo, and Atticus.

7. Florence Irene Ada
    Arthur William George

8. a) Edam (b) (3bony 3den and @dam D@vid)
    b) Annemalenn (g) (@nnemarie and Gl3nn Willi@m)

9. Helena because my middle name was supposed to be that after my great-grandma Helen.

10. No creative spellings!

11. Andromeda Laurel Honey-Myrtle and Jasper Fox Hawthorne

12. Eleanor Edith and Edmund Emrys

13. Aurora Katherine Charlotte and Henry Theodore Elias

14. Beatrice Freya Harriet and Henry Felix Theodore

15. Sibyl Cordelia Buffy (Downton Abbey and Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Henry Felix Sherlock (Downton Abbey, Orphan Black, and Sherlock)

16. Hermione Alice Charlotte (Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, and The Infernal Devices) and Henry Arthur Theodore (The Infernal Devices and Harry Potter)

17. Xanthe Zelda and Zebedee Yves

18. Blodwen Fabrizia and Benoit Fyodor

19. Apple Blythe Alison ----> Charlotte Alice Juniper

20. Crushing on Imogen a lot lately!
    antigone • beatrice • cordelia • drusilla • edwina • guinevere • harriet • hermione • ingrid • isolde • octavia • orla • sibyl • theodosia

combos

benedict • cedric • edmund • felix • henry • ignatius • killian • lysander • percival • rudyard

1. My name is Vasiliki, and I hateee it.

2. I dont have any kids.

3. Oliver Jack.

4. Lou Violet

5. Oliver Jack & Roman Connor, Roman Connor & Lou Violet , Lou Violet & Beth Audrey.

6. My ideal number is 1 lol, but I ever have two daughters I would name them Persephone & Pandora or Psyche and two sons, Patroklos & Prometheus.

7. Nikolaos & Mary-Ada.

8. A combo of my parents names Nikolaos & Archontoula a) boy Nino b) girl Nora (Iam terrible on these )

9. Isabelle Rose. So I can have the nns Belle & Bellerose without been named Bellerose on certificate.

10. One rule? I hate rules! I would just advice them to use the name they love.

11. Alaska Athena & Venice Brouklynn, Juniper Maple & Heath Forest.

12. Violet/Virginia Rose & Viktor Roman.

13. Isabella Emily & Alexander Jack

14. Lucy Willow & Gabriel Henry

15. Beth Audrey & Roman Connor.

16. Georgiana Kitty & Edward Heathcliff

17. Zoe Quentin & Xander Zephan.

18. Ulalume Belle & Heathcliff Jack

19. Dusty Rose Levine -- Rosie Marlowe Levine.

20. The coolest: Airlia. The worst: Essex.
    "And so, being young and dipt in folly. I fell in love with melancholy,."
    - Edgar Allan Poe
    Faves:
    girls under consideration / Roman, Callum.