Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Favorite "non-Nameberry" names?

What are your favorite names that go against the Nameberry grain? The ones that you know would get trashed if you asked about them?

ususally Jackson (which I personally adore) gets trashed on this site... "too trendy" . "too popular".. "too last-namey"... always TOO something. I still and always will LOVE it and my next ds will most likely be named Jackson Porter!!!

Braedon. Spelled that way as a combo of my brothers, Brae and Brendon. Yes, I know. A smoosh. But I'd love to use it in the middle or something to honor them.

I also love Kuyper (pronounced KY-per) but have gotten horrible responses that it sounds made up, even though it's the name of a college and a surname. But I'm sure there would be pronunciation issues. And it rhymes with hyper. I still love the sound.

Sloan for a boy, Indira for a girl. I seem to like more unusual names, most nameberries seem to stick to the same 200 names.
    Natacha - mother to Geneva Simone and Marlena Carys
    a site that surveys people with the same name.

Current Favs:
    Boys: Archer Sloan or Merrick
    Girls: Indira Maren or Sloan

Well I haven't posted my boys list yet but I'm anticipating bad reactions to:

Valdemar
    Pomeroy
    Reynard
    Bertram
    Emil
    Ivo
    Benoit
    Nicabar
    Gustav

You know names that many consider the equivalent to pasting a sign on their backs that say, "Kick me!"