Names Searched Right Now:

Hawaiian Names- Big Challenge!

Hello! I am looking for some hawaiian middle names, but I'm having trouble finding the right ones. I want a few more options in addition to the few that I have already picked out. I want it to be a REAL, authentic, not so mainstream, hawaiian name. Not like Kai or Malia. I'd also like it to have a cool meaning (nature names or cute trait names) I also like the longer names. Here are a few that I like-

Hokuakekai- star of the sea
    Noe Kolo- mountain mist
    Maika'i- handsome
    Aloha Nui Loa- very much love

I would love some more suggestions! Thank you!!

Makanalani- gift of heaven

Sorry, that's the only one I know off the top of my head. I think it is usually used as a girl's name, but I know a little boy who has it for his MN.

Thank you for the suggestions! I do actually view that one as more of a girs name. But either way it is very pretty I would appreciate some more suggestions!

Ikaika - strong
    Kainoa - the name

I'm from Hawaii and live here now and I would find it really strange to meet someone with the middle name of Aloha Nui Loa. Several of my friends kids have long beautiful hawaiian names that were given to them by an elder and they actually didn't know or have any say in the name. Do you have connections to Hawaii?

You could really just come up with any sentiment or sentence and ask a Hawaiian to translate it. Something surrounding the circumstances of his birth. But make sure not to just use a generic google website - those are total junk. I always refer people to http://wehewehe.org/

This is also good: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Append...an_given_names

I am fifth generation born in Hawaii. Wasn't raised there, but have strong roots. All of my family has hawaiian middle names. Makani, Mahealani, Kapuaolani. No boys names though. I've been having a rough time finding really good ones. I know Aloha Nui Loa is pretty far fetched... thought the meaning was cute though.

Thanks for the websites... I'll check them out! I like Kainoa. I also LOVE Kainalu, but my fiance likes the longer hawaiian names.