Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    @winne -- I would definitely do Benjamin nn Ben sorry. I should have written that. It is my # 2 name at the moment.
    Mom to Jack Louis, Claire Bonnie and baby BOY due Christmas Day
    He will be either Max ,Ben, Ryan or Patrick
    Vote on my names http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9751728

From my perspective (born in '79) - Ryan is boring, ubiquitous for my age group, and still surprisingly popular. Kyle is - I'm not sure how to put it - kind of blah for me. Popularity has dropped off considerably the past couple decades, which I think makes it sound more dated. Neil is the only one I like. Since it was never hugely popular, I think that helps the dated factor, and I can picture it on a baby and an adult. Maybe that's why I don't like Ryan or Kyle - because I picture a 30 or 40 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by lucialucentum View Post
    Kyle, Ryan & Neil are dated, but in different ways.
    Ryan is really 80s to me. I went to high school with like, 20 Ryans in a school of 1000. Kyle is more early-90s. Neil is kind of 70s, and I guess the least dated because its decade quite a while ago and I don't think it was ever that popular (not as popular as Ryan or Kyle, as far as I've noticed)
    I really prefer both Max and ben to Ryan, Kyle and Neil.
    What about Reid (similar to Neil, but not dated at all, imo), Miles, Ian, Euan/ Ewan, or Adam?
    I LOVE Reid, but I think it rhymes with our last name Friedman (prn Freedman), I also like Ian not sure about that about with Friedman either. I do like Miles and Adam though, not sure if I love them. Thanks!
    Mom to Jack Louis, Claire Bonnie and baby BOY due Christmas Day
    He will be either Max ,Ben, Ryan or Patrick
    Vote on my names http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9751728

I'm surprised by how many Ryans I haven't met ... if that makes sense. I was always told it's a popular name (if I was a boy, it would've been my name), but I think I've only actually met 3 in my entire life, at different times in my life (one in Elementary School, one in Middle School, and one in High School). I really love the name Ryan, and I don't think it'll ever go out of style <3
    Love

Jason ~ Matthew ~ Ryan ~ Thomas ~ Shane
    Serena * Ariel * Miriam * Kari * Veronica

Guilty

Perseus ~ Chandler ~ Harvey ~ Bartholomew ~ Darien
    Sakura * Winry * Raven * Meredith * Monica

I like Kyle. I dislike Ryan because I now know several girls with the name Ryan (even some spelled the same) and it makes it not masculine enough for me. Good luck!