Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't think they're dated. Ryan and Kyle seem like they have been used consistently for a long time. I like Neil too, it doesn't seem to have had as much popularity as the other names. I like all three but Kyle really is my favorite. I think it sounds great with Jack, I like that they both have the k sound in them.

I'm not crazy about any of those three names, but I don't think they're dated. Kyle isn't dated yet, so that's viable. Neil isn't too common so that keeps it from feeling overused. Ryan is boring to me.
    Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William

Those names do seem a bit dated to me. They are nice but none of them seem to fit with Jack and Claire. Max may works but I agree it may be a little to close to big brother's name. I do like Ben though. Have you thought of a longer version yet? Jack, Claire and Benjamin? Bennett? Benedict? You have some nice options. Good luck.
    Mommy of Audrey Lane, Maxwell Douglas and angel Jack Aron (8/9/05-6/27/06)

Lovin' the ladies: (Brought to you by the letter L) Louise, Lila, Eleanor, Holland, Juliet, Nola and Violet
    Boy crushin: (Love me some surnames!!) Elliot, Maxwell, Nolan, Graham, Oliver, Desmond and Alden

Quote Originally Posted by watermellie View Post
    I know a bunch of Kyles- everywhere. I like Max a lot, but maybe it's a bit matchy-match with Jack? Same vowel sound there, but it's not too obvious. Also, Jack has 1 syllable, so maybe pick another 1 syllable name (bye-bye Kyle, Ryan)? Just some suggestions.
    I never heard it until my 5 year old Jack, said "Max sounds a little like Jack right Mom?" He wants to talk about the new baby's name every night! But its one of the few name DH and I both like and that I think stands up to the strength of Jack! I am not in love with either of Kyle, Neil or Ryan either but trying to keep an open mind.

Any other suggestions? I am just not excited about any names.
    Mom to Jack Louis, Claire Bonnie and baby BOY due Christmas Day
    He will be either Max ,Ben, Ryan or Patrick
    Vote on my names http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9751728

Kyle, Ryan & Neil are dated, but in different ways.
    Ryan is really 80s to me. I went to high school with like, 20 Ryans in a school of 1000. Kyle is more early-90s. Neil is kind of 70s, and I guess the least dated because its decade quite a while ago and I don't think it was ever that popular (not as popular as Ryan or Kyle, as far as I've noticed)
    I really prefer both Max and ben to Ryan, Kyle and Neil.
    What about Reid (similar to Neil, but not dated at all, imo), Miles, Ian, Euan/ Ewan, or Adam?
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Bronwen and Bastian, Fletcher, Gideon