Results 1 to 10 of 10
August 5th, 2012 10:14 PM #1
What do you guys think of my name list
1. Lila Phoenix
2. Violet Samantha
3. Ginger Meadow
4. Magnolia Paige
5. Astoria Belle
6. Gloria Rose
7. Emilia Katherine
8. Eliana Cadence
9. Dianna Mackenzie
10. Agatha Summer
1. Kurt Alexander
2. August Ezra
3. Darren Wyatt
4. Leo Elijah
5. Mason Chase
6. Carter Orion
7. Brian Xavier
8. Justin Jeremiah
9. Ian Dallas
10. Jared Harrison
August 5th, 2012 10:34 PM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
1. Lila Phoenix: I really, really like this combo! I usually wouldn't like Phoenix, but it's so nice with Lila.
2. Violet Samantha: Love Violet, Samantha is NMS.
3. Ginger Meadow: Ginger Meadow sounds like something that could actually exist, not a good thing.
4. Magnolia Paige: Magnolia is not a favorite of mine, but I do like the combo.
5. Astoria Belle: NMS
6. Gloria Rose: Gloria is NMS, but the combo is nice.
7. Emilia Katherine: Very pretty.
8. Eliana Cadence: I like it, but I would never use it.
9. Dianna Mackenzie: I like Dianna (prefer Diana), but not sure about Mackenzie in the MN spot with it.
10. Agatha Summer: NMS
1. Kurt Alexander: I love it. Kurt is wonderful and Alexander is a very complimentary MN.
2. August Ezra: I like August, but Ezra is NMS.
3. Darren Wyatt: Darren is NMS, I do like Wyatt as a MN
4. Leo Elijah: Love Leo, on the edge about Elijah. But it has a really lovely flow to it.
5. Mason Chase: NMS
6. Carter Orion: I like it a lot.
7. Brian Xavier: NMS
8. Justin Jeremiah: NMS
9. Ian Dallas: NMS
10. Jared Harrison: Jared is NMS, but I do like Harrison.
August 5th, 2012 11:46 PM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
I have to congratulate you on the flow of these names. Each of them rolls off the tongue easily. Some are really NMS, but overall good choices. My favorites are Lila Phoenix, Astoria Belle and Agatha Summer. I also like Eliana Cadence, but I like Aliana better. For boys I like August Ezra and Mason Chase.Proud mommy to Nicolas Alexander (3) and Ethan Scott (1). Would loooove to have a little girl in our family next!
Threw out the old list. Looking for a new one!
August 6th, 2012 03:35 AM #7
1. Lila Phoenix -- Lila is so pretty. I don't feel like Pheonix goes well with it, style-wise. Phoenix sounds so modern, strong, and urban, while Lila sounds so classic, soft, and feminine. I would recommend Lila Beatrix--has the same rhythm and ends in that x, but to me, Beatrix is more the same style as Lila.
2. Violet Samantha -- Nice! Very classy! Typically not a fan of Samantha, but this works very well.
3. Ginger Meadow -- Ooo, yay! Ginger! I love Ginger. It was top of my list for a while (now it's off my list altogether, not because I stopped liking it but because other names slowly took its place). Ginger Meadow is so whimsical! Favorite on your list so far.
4. Magnolia Paige -- Wow, what a great flow! This is fun to say. I would always be calling her by her full name just because it feels like poetry coming out.
5. Astoria Belle -- Has that nice flow, BUT...I only hear the first syllable of that first name (a$$), and it turns me off. Similar name suggestion: Capitolia. It's an extra syllable, but it loses that As- sound. Saw it on an 1800s gravestone.
6. Gloria Rose -- I like this. Would you consider Gloriana Rose?
7. Emilia Katherine -- So far this is the only one I really DISLIKE on your list. Your names have all been so creative, but this one is so boring in comparison. Emilia is so close to Emma/Emily which is overly popular, and Katherine is just blah, in my opinion.
8. Eliana Cadence -- I like Eliana. Also found the name Eliava (ellie-AY-vah or ellie-AWH-vah?) that you might like. Similar great meaning, ("My father is God"), not listed on this site.
9. Dianna Mackenzie -- I would spell Diana the traditional way, with one n. If you are going for dee-anna, rather than die-anna, I would spell it Deanna. Mackenzie nauseates me because of its popularity. Diana/Deanna is pretty and would be fresh on a child today.
10. Agatha Summer -- Flows nicely. Not really my style, but it would be nice to see on someone's baby.
1. Kurt Alexander -- Kurt makes me think of The Sound of Music. Would you make it Kurtis, though? Not bad either way, though Kurt feels somewhat incomplete.
2. August Ezra -- Very nice. This would go great on a baby all the way up through old age.
3. Darren Wyatt -- Hmm. My only personal Darren association is a computer geek, while Wyatt sounds so cowboyish. I like the names, just not sure I like them together. ...Actually...as I keep reading it to myself...I do like it. Very nice combo.
4. Leo Elijah -- Leo feels incomplete, like a nickname.
5. Mason Chase -- I like Chase, but Mason is so popular!
6. Carter Orion -- Is Carter popular, or is that just me? It sounds trendy. Orion is a nice middle name choice for any name.
7. Brian Xavier -- I think Brian is a really handsome name, though some may find it dated. I like the dated names though. Xavier makes me think of Cabbage Patch Dolls...wasn't that the name embroidered onto their butts? That's a happy association for me, though.
8. Justin Jeremiah -- Huh. Interesting combination. I like each name separately...but do I like them together?...hm...I don't think I do. Justin is very modern, Jeremiah is so ancient. I don't know. It's not BAD, though, just not my style. I also like Jeremiah more as a first name.
9. Ian Dallas -- Ian is awesome. Dallas isn't my style.
10. Jared Harrison -- I like that repeating -ar sound in these names! Cool!
August 6th, 2012 08:19 AM #9Junior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- London, United Kingdon
1. Lila Phoenix - Very pretty. I've never really liked the name Phoenix but it fits nicely here
2. Violet Samantha -Don't like this
3. Ginger Meadow -Love the name Ginger, but i don't like it together. Sounds like an actual place.
4. Magnolia Paige - Don't like this.
5. Astoria Belle - Don't like this.
6. Gloria Rose - This is quite nice.
7. Emilia Katherine - Love Emilia, but not a fan of Katherine
8. Eliana Cadence - Love this, definitely my favourite.
9. Dianna Mackenzie - not a fan of Dianna.
10. Agatha Summer - Don't like this
1. Kurt Alexander - Prefer the name Kurtis, but it's not bad
2. August Ezra - very nice
3. Darren Wyatt - Love Wyatt, not a fan of Darren though
4. Leo Elijah - love this
5. Mason Chase - This is ok
6. Carter Orion - Nice
7. Brian Xavier - I find Brain very dated, not a fan of it. Love Xavier though
8. Justin Jeremiah - Love them both, but not together
9. Ian Dallas - Don't like Ian. Dallas is nice though
10. Jared Harrison - Don't like Jared. Harrison is one of my favourite names though
August 6th, 2012 05:24 PM #11
August 6th, 2012 05:45 PM #13Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
1. Lila Phoenix-I like this a lot!
2. Violet Samantha-seem a bit mismatched
3. Ginger Meadow-dislike
4. Magnolia Paige-dislike both names
5. Astoria Belle-like!
6. Gloria Rose-dislike
7. Emilia Katherine-Not bad just not my style
8. Eliana Cadence-I don't like Cadence. Love Eliana!
9. Dianna Mackenzie-greatly dislike yuck!
10. Agatha Summer-dislike
1. Kurt Alexander-Dislike
2. August Ezra-Love!
3. Darren Wyatt-dislike
4. Leo Elijah-like
5. Mason Chase- too rhymey
6. Carter Orion-I like Carter, not Orion
7. Brian Xavier-mismatched
8. Justin Jeremiah-too matchy
9. Ian Dallas-like
10. Jared Harrison-too rhymeyMother of five. Expecting a sixth. Happily married. My children, my loves, my life.
Hugo Foster, age 10
Oscar Elias, age 8
Daphne Indigo, age 7
Elodie Paloma, age 5
Scarlett Athena, age 2
Baby #6 has arrived named Atticus North!
Thank you to all who helped me make this decision
2 loving & loyal dogs:
Ryder & Lola
August 6th, 2012 06:30 PM #15Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
- Yorkshire, UK
1. Lila Phoenix - I LOVE Lila, not too sure on Phoenix, but I think the two flow really well together
2. Violet Samantha - Violet is one of my all time favourites, Samantha sounds dated to me
3. Ginger Meadow - I don't like either name, I don't mind Meadow as a mn but I would never use Ginger
4. Magnolia Paige - I LOVE Magnolia, Paige is too dated and I have too many negative connotations with the name, I would use Magnolia Ivy
5. Astoria Belle - I really like Astoria, but I pretty much hate all nicknames you can make from it, and I hate Belle, mainly because I hate Beauty & the Beast but also because I think its becoming too popular as a mn
6. Gloria Rose - Gloria makes me think of two things: The Hippo from Madagascar and Glory Holes, and pretty much every other person I know has Rose as their mn
7. Emilia Katherine - I really like Emilia, I think it is really cute and I would definitely use the nn Milly. I don't like Katherine though, I prefer the spelling Catherine though, I think its much softer and looks better with Emilia
8. Eliana Cadence - This is really NMS it sounds too prissy for me
9. Dianna Mackenzie - I don't dislike Dianna but I wouldn't use it, and Mackenzie is a clothing brand. And I couldn't get past that.
10. Agatha Summer - I like old lady names but Agatha is a step too far for me, I don't see it being easily accepted, I like Summer as a mn though but it is too opposite from Agatha to work IMO
1. Kurt Alexander - I like it, I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it
2. August Ezra - LOVE! The only way I would love it more if it was Augustus Ezra
3. Darren Wyatt - NMS at all, it sounds somewhat dated to me
4. Leo Elijah - I would prefer it swapped round
5. Mason Chase - Too rhymey.
6. Carter Orion - I don't like Carter, Orion is cute though
7. Brian Xavier - I don't like Brian, it sounds too dated to me, Xavier is acceptable
8. Justin Jeremiah - Way too matchy matchy
9. Ian Dallas - NMS at all.
10. Jared Harrison - Jared is okay, I strongly dislike Harrison though.~ Bridget May Jemima ~ Tove Mercy Josephine ~ Circe Ruby Adelaide ~
~ Reuben Lionel Calloway ~ Samson Arley Peregrine ~ Isaac Crispin Jericho ~
August 7th, 2012 01:39 PM #17Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
1. Lila Phoenix - pretty
2. Violet Samantha - pretty
3. Ginger Meadow - I don't like it. It's too wordy and strange together.
4. Magnolia Paige - pretty
5. Astoria Belle - very cute and unusual!
6. Gloria Rose - it's nice but gloria is too out there for me.
7. Emilia Katherine- cute but I would spell it the normal way Amelia
8. Eliana Cadence - I don't like eliana. It is long, strange and may have pron. issues.
9. Dianna Mackenzie - dianna is a bit outmoded and i couldn't picture it on a baby.
10. Agatha Summer - I love Agatha. Great combo!
1. Kurt Alexander - I can't help but think of kurt cobain so I couldn't use it.
2. August Ezra- I love this combo! August is strong and Ezra adds pizazz to it.
3. Darren Wyatt- sounds cowboyish
4. Leo Elijah - I like it.
5. Mason Chase- this seems like a combo of two trendy names. Not bad but not my favorite.
6. Carter Orion - carter is a name I have a hard time catching onto. it just seems too surnamey, trendy, and attached to the clothing line too. Orion is strange.
7. Brian Xavier - brian is a bit boring. Xavier Brian ? either way it's an odd combination.
8. Justin Jeremiah - this reminds me of jeremiah johnson. lol. Justin is very 80's/90's
9. Ian Dallas - Ian is nice. Ian Dallas is cool but I think there may be a better name out there to pair it with. Dallas is very rugged/cowboy, while Ian sounds intellectual, sensitive, and soft.
10. Jared Harrison- this is a nice combo.
My favorites overall are:
August 7th, 2012 02:10 PM #19
1. Lila Phoenix - Like Lila. not Phoenix
2. Violet Samantha - Like Violet, but not Samantha as a middle.
3. Ginger Meadow - Meh
4. Magnolia Paige - As above
5. Astoria Belle - Quite like Astoria, but would choose a different middle
6. Gloria Rose - This is nice together. Like it.
7. Emilia Katherine - Really like this, but prefer Amelia.
8. Eliana Cadence Meh again
9. Dianna Mackenzie - Prefer Diana. Don't like neurel names.
10. Agatha Summer - Dislike Agatha, like Summer
1. Kurt Alexander- Love Alexander, not Kurt
2. August Ezra - This sounds rather nice
3. Darren Wyatt - Meh
4. Leo Elijah - Doesn't flow well
5. Mason Chase - As above
6. Carter Orion - Like Carter, not Orion
7. Brian Xavier - Like Xavier, not Brian
8. Justin Jeremiah - Meh. Too 'J' heavy
9. Ian Dallas - Horrible flow
10. Jared Harrison - Switch it. Sounds better then.a name nerd lovin' the classics
a name nerd lovin' the classicsa name nerd lovin' the classics